what is this got to do with Blesta ?

jobplease

Why are you following us (Licensecart) if you're going to come here and complain about it, for **** sake this is the Blesta forums and not TWITTER, don't like it don't follow us. Whining like a little kid.... moan moan moan.

----

Maybe I over re-acted sorry, maybe you mean the "Feed reader" but again if you don't want it don't fucking have the feed reader widget. Reason I reacted the above is because I tweeted it and Blesta didn't re-tweet it. So if it's the feed reader I apologies.

The feed includes anything we post on our blog. You can change it if you want. For example, if you just want stuff from News you can use:

https://www.blesta.com/categories/news/feed.xml

If you want stuff from Security, you can use:

https://www.blesta.com/categories/security/feed.xml

Removing the existing feed and adding those 2 will get you pretty much just information about Blesta.

6 minutes ago, AnthonyL said:

paul, how did you find the conversion from wordpress to hugo went? Were you able to re-use any elements, or it had to be completely designed from scratch? 

The import from Wordpress was useful in that it converted all of our posts into Markdown files that I was able to import into the project. The posts required some tweaking to work properly, but the import saved a ton of time. We built the theme using Bootstrap, SASS, and Gulp, and converted it into a Hugo theme. So, most of the work was building the new site, creating the Hugo theme. Importing Wordpress posts was really the easiest part.

I did have to create some shortcodes for displaying Vimeo videos in posts, responsive images, and buttons. They include some shortcodes already, like code highlighting that was very useful. So, posts consist of largely markdown content, and some shortcodes to avoid the use of HTML in the post content.

2 minutes ago, cloudrck said:

Curious, why did you choose Hugo over Jekyll?

I was deciding between Hugo and Jekyll. Jekyll is more popular, but Hugo is gaining in popularity. I looked at both and was drawn more to Hugo, partly because Hugo is so much faster in terms of building the site with around ~1ms write time per page. The entire site is written in about 700ms and ready for deployment. I do also like that Hugo's built in server automatically refreshes the site when you save changes, though I'm not sure if Jekyll does this or not.

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I was deciding between Hugo and Jekyll. Jekyll is more popular, but Hugo is gaining in popularity. I looked at both and was drawn more to Hugo, partly because Hugo is so much faster in terms of building the site with around ~1ms write time per page. The entire site is written in about 700ms and ready for deployment. I do also like that Hugo's built in server automatically refreshes the site when you save changes, though I'm not sure if Jekyll does this or not.

Okay, I had honestly never heard of Hugo until you guys posted it. I'd imagine Hugo is faster since it's written in GO. As far as auto-reload, I believe there is a rubygem/Jekyll plugin for such functionality.

2 minutes ago, cloudrck said:

Okay, I had honestly never heard of Hugo until you guys posted it. I'd imagine Hugo is faster since it's written in GO. As far as auto-reload, I believe there is a rubygem/Jekyll plugin for such functionality.

That's great. Having to hit refresh during development is annoying. I don't have any big reasons why someone deciding between Jekyll and Hugo shouldn't choose Jekyll. Hugo wasn't a complete walk in the park. In terms of creating your own theme in Hugo, there is much left to be desired in their documentation and I had to figure some of it out with trial & error, and look to their forums. In that sense, Jekyll may be more mature. Still, Hugo is very fast and I like the file hierarchy, it's pretty logical.