New Password Reset Link During Checkout

evolvewh

First off... thanks for adding this!

To streamline things and make it a bit more straight forward for clients, can this be changed from a new tab / window to a modal that closes after the reset link has been requested? I personally think people get confused when new tabs / windows start appearing and it would make for a better user experience if they stayed on the same page. I think less people would abandon an order and conversions would increase even more.

The link takes you to the password-reset page (that already exists in the core). If we were to support a modal/on-page way of resetting a password, then the Order plugin would have to implement it itself, with or without support from the core. That would require additional code to be written, and is a bit of duplication having it in multiple places. Not saying this is a bad idea, but probably more work than a beta will allow. Might be best for a future version.

23 hours ago, Tyson said:

The link takes you to the password-reset page (that already exists in the core). If we were to support a modal/on-page way of resetting a password, then the Order plugin would have to implement it itself, with or without support from the core. That would require additional code to be written, and is a bit of duplication having it in multiple places. Not saying this is a bad idea, but probably more work than a beta will allow. Might be best for a future version.

I personally think it's worth exploring over the next few releases. I find that people seem to get confused easily in general and the less 'jumping around' they have to do, the better off they'll be. Again, I am grateful to have the link on the checkout page and that will help out a lot.