Zero Quantity Packages

siteAdmin

Question

I created a Package with available quantity "1" on http://localhost/blesta/admin/packages/add/
Then I consumed it for a client. Now the quantity is "0" and it is displayed correctly on http://localhost/blesta/admin/packages/
But this package still appears in the dropdown selection on http://localhost/blesta/admin/clients/addservice/2/
I am aware that this package can not be consumed again as it produces the ERROR message to indicate that the package is NOT available. Everything works perfect. But how can I get rid of all the "0" quantity packages in in the dropdown selection when adding services. I noticed that this question has been asked befoe back in 2013 or so. The ERROR message, when adding services, has been added after that. But the hiding of the "0" quatity packages in the dropdown selections still exists. Has somebody fixed this issue? If so would you mind posting the code sample please?

Using blesta v.3.6.2 and Universal Module.

Thank you in advance.

14 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Licensecart said:

May I ask what dropdown menu? And people shouldn't be able to see them on the order from due to: CORE-1105.

The dropdown selection - when the admin want to add a service to a client.

After a particular package is consumed (i.e. the package has become "0" quantity), the name of the package is still displayed in the selection when the admin clicks the "add serve" to a client. I do not want them to be displayed again until the package become available again (i.e. "0" quantity becomes 1, 2. 3 etc) manually by the admin or cancellation of such package from an existing client.

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Licensecart said:
46 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

That's not a feature supported yet, and why would your staff be adding a package which is out of stock?

That's not a feature supported yet, and why would your staff be adding a package which is out of stock?

Thanks for the reply.

FYI, supposing we want to offer customized packages that are unique, max package qtty will be 1. So once the singly package is consumed, we do not want to see it again in the selection (at the time of adding services to other clients). Imagine if it gets populated with 100+ zero qtty unavailable packages !

30 minutes ago, siteAdmin said:

Thanks for the reply.

FYI, supposing we want to offer customized packages that are unique, max package qtty will be 1. So once the singly package is consumed, we do not want to see it again in the selection (at the time of adding services to other clients). Imagine if it gets populated with 100+ zero qtty unavailable packages !

Restricted packages are good for that, I believe that's why it's there, you can set the client up to the package and then be able to order it.

Thanks for all the replies.

Anyway we want to modify the search results which is populating the dropdown selection.

Since Blesta is NOT written in standard PHP (and no documentation available for minPHP) we find it difficult to do it quickly. That's the reason we wanted to get a readymade code for the modification. If such mod is NOT available, we'll do it the hard way. No worries. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Licensecart said:

Restricted packages are good for that, I believe that's why it's there, you can set the client up to the package and then be able to order it.

We will also try the Restricted packages as suggested. Thanks.

P.S. Tried Restricted packages. Unfortunately, this will not help us as we do not want to create an order for. We only need to add the service and send out an invoice.

So, we'll definitely have to modify the search results in the dropdown box.

Can someone please shed some light on how to modify " $this->Form->fieldSelect("group_package", $package_options, $this->Html->ifSet($vars->package_id), array('id'=>"group_package"), $this->Html->ifSet($package_attributes, array()));" in file "admin_clients_addservice.pdt" in order to hide "0" qtty packages?

note: still learning the minPHP Classes ^_^

Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, Licensecart said:

If a client goes to an order form it won't show up. If you are placing an order via the admin area it will show up.

Thanks. We are aware of this.

In our case we need to send out invoices by staff. Therefore, it (hiding)  has to be done at the Admin's end so that the staff will not have unusable long list of packages in the dropdown box.