Namecheap Error

Moby2000

Question

Hi guys!

I have a problem setting up the namecheap module. I have entered my api username and api key bit it keeps giving me this error...

"The user and key combination appear to be invalid, or your Namecheap account may not be configured to allow API access."

I know the username and key are right because i have been using them on whmcs for the last year or so.

I have even changed the key to eliminate any error with the key.

Anyone else had any problems with accessing namecheap api?

Thanks in advance

Steve

11 answers to this question

Whoa whoa whoa!!!

Hold the horses.

Namecheap has just got back intouch with me and it turns out that thier system was holding a different ip address than the one i'd entered as "allowed ip adresses".

For some reason it hadn't updated the allowed ip adresses for my account. Even though i'd entered three different ip adresses and keys trying to sort it out.

For some reason the live api was using an ip address from the sandbox account setup years ago that was replaced at least two years ago to my knowledge.

So for anyone else who has the same issue, make sure you have the same ip address in your sandbox as well as your live environment.

Sorry for wasting your time guys. The Blesta Namecheap module is working fine now.

Regards

Steve

PS.

Bit pissed off with namecheap to be honest, that was a lot of time wasted in checking.

The logicboxes issue was related to missing security certificates on peoples servers to verify SSL hosts with curl. verifyhost and verifypeer in the curl request was subsequently disabled. I believe this was disabled for Namecheap as well.

Verify that there is not a firewall blocking egress connections to the Namecheap API, and that all login details are correct.

Hi All

I have checked all my settings and key again, and still comes up with the same error.

I have even checked with Webhostingbuzz and they informed me nothing is being blocked by a firewall.

As stated earlier i have been using whmcs with no problems connecting to the namecheap api.

Any other ideas?

Regards

Steve

Even in the sandbox mode i don't think the call is going through, every TLD you enter  it gives as... "Sorry, that domain is not available".

Steve

This looks like a different error than your OP. Are there any module logs under [Tools] -> [Logs] for Namecheap? They may be useful in figuring out why Namecheap is returning errors.

Whoa whoa whoa!!!

Hold the horses.

Namecheap has just got back intouch with me and it turns out that thier system was holding a different ip address than the one i'd entered as "allowed ip adresses".

For some reason it hadn't updated the allowed ip adresses for my account. Even though i'd entered three different ip adresses and keys trying to sort it out.

For some reason the live api was using an ip address from the sandbox account setup years ago.

So for anyone else who has the same issue, make sure you have the same ip address in your sandbox as well as your live environment.

Sorry for wasting your time guys. The Blesta Namecheap module is working fine now.

Regards

Steve

Haha nice find, stupid Namecheap :D