Upgrade/downgrade Services?

wdfee

Question

Hello,

one question about this feature:

I view a client dashboard, then manage one service. Here I've the option to Upgrade/Downgrade this service.

I used Universal Module for creating the service package and added select options to the module service section. For every option I created a package. The client has now one of these packages as service.

But when I select another option on this client service managing site, and save, nothing happens.

Can you explain to me something about this feature? Do I have to configure something specifically that it works or ... ?

Thanks in advance,

Fee

8 answers to this question

Hello,

one question about this feature:

I view a client dashboard, then manage one service. Here I've the option to Upgrade/Downgrade this service.

I used Universal Module for creating the service package and added select options to the module service section. For every option I created a package. The client has now one of these packages as service.

But when I select another option on this client service managing site, and save, nothing happens.

Can you explain to me something about this feature? Do I have to configure something specifically that it works or ... ?

Thanks in advance,

Fee

To make it works you should apply your services in the same package group.

regarding this question , i have set two test packages in one group . but the upgrade/downgrade option is not apearing in the client area action .

the group is set to allow dwndrage/upgrade .

is there anything i have missed ?

EDIT : Package in the universal module are downgradable or upgradable !!

this option only work in universal module ? what about other modules or custom modules ?

it's custom module . all the package has the same group , every package has a 12 mounth term .

Which version are you using? If it's v3.5, upgrading cannot be done again if an upgrade is already queued, so the buttons to change package/term would not be available. Otherwise, the buttons should appear if:

1. Both packages use the same module (You said they do)
  2. Both packages have similar terms (e.g. both are recurring, as you said each is 12 month term)
  3. The client group setting "Allow Clients to Change Service Package" is checked.
  4. The service is active.
  5. The service has no cancellation date
  6. The service does not already have queued changes waiting to be processed

Which version are you using? If it's v3.5, upgrading cannot be done again if an upgrade is already queued, so the buttons to change package/term would not be available. Otherwise, the buttons should appear if:

• Both packages use the same module (You said they do)
  • Both packages have similar terms (e.g. both are recurring, as you said each is 12 month term)
  • The client group setting "Allow Clients to Change Service Package" is checked.
  • The service is active.
  • The service has no cancellation date
  • The service does not already have queued changes waiting to be processed

all of this points are exist ... and VALID PASSED :)

really this is a strange behavior ... i will make more debug and test it in another installation server .