What has changed in v4 ?

kikloo

Question

Hi,

What really has changed in v4, I just upgraded and I don't see any change at all except the flat theme. Even the package list is not shown according to package category, so what has changed ?? Order system is same, client account looks same, just steps have increased to access something. Earlier upon clicking the billing link in admin, it used to show summary, now you first click billing then summary then it shows the same (An extra click) why ? Same goes for the dashboard.

I kept on asking that in Services, username / password of the service either should be shown in the Information tab (when clicking Manage) or there should be another way. Every client calls me and asks me where is the username and password. I have to tell them all that they have to single left click on the service in order to reveal the username / password. This has not changed. Why ??

I just see a very sad update after a very very long time. You could have done better!!!! Just css changes ? Why should i care if you chose minphp or cake or something ?? Whats the benefit in that for me ?? Really disappointed.

I don't know why Blesta team is so slow at development. In a year or so the major component that they had come up with is a mass mailer in v4 which is useless for me atleast anyways. 

So I seriously doubt what they have in mind and if their aim is to keep Blesta at minimal and let others make plugins and modules instead and sell those. I don't know now a days alot of companies are opting for addon but the fact is also that whmcs offers alot than Blesta and no wonder its number 1. 

Yes its true and we Blesta users must face the harsh reliant that our Blesta devs are slow or I should say too slow to put the features required for a proper web host. 

Before Blesta I was on whmcs and I saw alot of updates from them but they always fixed security issues but they brought in alot of features also at the same time. 

Sadly some people here will urge me to go  ack to whmcs but I cannot becuase there are 2 things which are keeping me with Blesta but lack of basic features is now becoming a problem.

If money is an issue with Blesta they can charge a bit more but hire more devs and speed up the development. It's high time. 

On 04/05/2017 at 4:26 AM, kikloo said:

Sadly some people here will urge me to go  ack to whmcs but I cannot becuase there are 2 things which are keeping me with Blesta but lack of basic features is now becoming a problem.

If money is an issue with Blesta they can charge a bit more but hire more devs and speed up the development. It's high time. 

every project need a investment in it, the investment is the major factor to gain time and add marketing campaigns to achieve new customers. why not Blesta search investors for this project?