We are pleased to announce that Blesta 5.7.0 BETA 1 has been released!
Can I participate in the beta?
If you have an owned or monthly license with us directly, you may download blesta-5.7.0-b1.zip in the client area now (Login Required). If you obtained your license from a reseller or distributor, you may be able to participate. Contact your reseller to find out. As with any beta, this release is for non-production use only and is unsupported. DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR PRODUCTION. During installation, choose to start a free trial, open a ticket to request a trial key, or use your dev license if you have one.
Once you are up and running, head to the forums to report any issues and let us know what you think! If you have a license and are verified or become verified on our Discord chat, you’ll have access to a license holder only beta forum.
Visit the Beta Forums! Visit Discord Chat!
(Caption: Client makes a payment using the new Coinbase Commerce cryptocurrency gateway.)
So what is new in 5.7?
Blesta version 5.7 now includes a quotation system! We also added support for the domain registrar ConnectReseller, the Coinbase Commerce crypto payment gateway. We added support for LXC for Proxmox, as well as other improvements. We updated the importer, the domain manager, and more!
New and Updated Extensions
- ConnectReseller Domain Registrar module has been added.
- Coinbase Commerce payment gateway has been added.
- Proxmox now supports the LXC container virtualization type.
- Import Manager now imports WHMCS domains using the Generic Domain module as a fallback.
- Import Manager now includes a mapping file for CentovaCast for WHMCS.
- Order plugin was updated to include an Orders widget on the client profile.
- Order plugin was updated to enforce alphanumeric and hyphens within order form labels.
- Domain Manager was updated to allow domains to be pushed from one client to another.
- Domain Manager was updated to improve admins renewing a domain manually in advance.
- OVH Domain Registrar module price sync was updated for EUR pricing.
- Mass Mailer now includes clients with no language defined when filtering by default language.
- Enom now properly uses the TLD cost when performing a price sync, rather than the defined price.
Changes to the Core
- A new Quotation System has been added.
- There’s a new “Renewal Queue” section under Tools for service renewal management.
- Swift Mailer has been replaced with Symfony Mailer.
- Domain renewals now appear as “Domain Renewal” instead of “Domain Registration” on invoices.
- Voiding an invoice that has pending services associated with it now shows a confirmation dialog.
- Improved PHP 8.1 support.
- A warning is now displayed if an integrity check fails on the Blesta.system_key.
Notes for Developers
- Service activation events Services.addAfter and Services.editAfter now include a service_activated boolean flag. See the task.
Client Template Changes
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_main_edit.pdt updated
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_quotations.pdt new
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_quotations_approve.pdt new
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/client_quotations_invoices.pdt new
- /app/views/client/bootstrap/partial_packageoption_js.pdt updated
Staff Template Changes
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_billing_quotationinvoices.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_billing_quotations.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_createquotation.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_editquotation.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_invoicequotation.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_invoices.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_quotationinvoices.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_clients_quotations.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_billing_customization.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_billing_invoices_form.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_company_emails_mail.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_packages_moduleoptions.pdt updated
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_change_max_attempts.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/admin_tools_renewals.pdt new
- /app/views/admin/default/partial_packageoption_js.pdt updated
See the release notes for more details on this release.
Note Regarding PHP 8
Many 3rd party or custom extensions may not yet be compatible with PHP 8. If upgrading Blesta, it is best to use a PHP version that is compatible with both the release you are upgrading from and the release you are upgrading to. Test third party integrations and customizations.
Blesta supports PHP 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.1 through Ioncube using the default files, and PHP 8.0/8.1 through SourceGuardian via the hotfix-php8 directory. Report any PHP 8 related issues for Blesta or official extensions on our forums or Discord #beta channel.
Is there something you want to see in Blesta? Create a new feature request or upvote an existing one!
When is the final release?
Version 5.7 will be officially released after the beta phase has completed, which we expect to happen soon. Once we deem 5.7 stable for production, a final release will be issued. You can help speed things along by participating in the beta!