authorize.net - Handling payment after Filter is flagged

evolvewh

Question

We have the fraud tools enabled with authorize.net and we've had a transaction come through that was flagged for our review. After being accepted, it looks like there is no communication between authorize.net and blesta to either finish processing the payment or to void it. Is this true? I am thinking that we need to manually 'pay' this invoice after accepting the charge within authorize.net

6 answers to this question

What's in your gateway log regarding that transaction? My guess is Authorize.net responded to Blesta's payment request with a failure of some kind, so there wouldn't be any automatic follow-up to accept the payment later. Manually paying the invoice would be required at that point.

On 2/5/2018 at 2:13 PM, Tyson said:

What's in your gateway log regarding that transaction? My guess is Authorize.net responded to Blesta's payment request with a failure of some kind, so there wouldn't be any automatic follow-up to accept the payment later. Manually paying the invoice would be required at that point.

Input:

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
a:22:{s:6:"x_type";s:12:"AUTH_CAPTURE";s:8:"x_amount";s:5:"70.00";s:10:"x_card_num";s:16:"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";s:10:"x_exp_date";s:4:"xxxx";s:11:"x_card_code";N;s:8:"x_method";s:2:"CC";s:12:"x_first_name";s:4:"XXX";s:11:"x_last_name";s:5:"XXX";s:9:"x_address";s:19:"XXX XXXX";s:6:"x_city";s:7:"XXX";s:7:"x_state";s:2:"XX;s:5:"x_zip";s:5:"XXXXX";s:9:"x_country";s:2:"US";s:15:"x_currency_code";s:3:"USD";s:13:"x_invoice_num";i:XXXX;s:7:"x_login";s:11:"xxxxxxxGNHq";s:10:"x_tran_key";s:16:"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";s:12:"x_delim_data";s:4:"TRUE";s:12:"x_delim_char";s:1:"|";s:12:"x_encap_char";s:0:"";s:16:"x_relay_response";s:5:"FALSE";s:9:"x_version";s:3:"3.1";}

Output:

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
4|1|253|Your order has been received. Thank you for your business!|046973|A|60935395890|2150||70.00|CC|||XXXX|XXXX||XXXXXXX|XXXXXX|XX|XXXXX|US|||||||||||||||||82F2D58FDA84B02FF336A699C39D61E3|||||||||||||XXXX3924|MasterCard|||||||||||||||||

We have had to manually record the payment each time after accepting the charge through authorize.net

Based on the response from Authorize.net, there should be a pending transaction created in Blesta for it. Since you have to take manual action in Authorize.net to accept/decline the payment, you'll need to take manual action in Blesta to do the same since Authorize.net does not make a callback to Blesta to allow the state to be transitioned after you accept it in their system.

On 2/12/2018 at 11:14 AM, Tyson said:

Based on the response from Authorize.net, there should be a pending transaction created in Blesta for it. Since you have to take manual action in Authorize.net to accept/decline the payment, you'll need to take manual action in Blesta to do the same since Authorize.net does not make a callback to Blesta to allow the state to be transitioned after you accept it in their system.

Is this something that a developer and/or Blesta could add or is it something that's isolated to Authorize.net and what they're capable of providing Blesta with?

1 hour ago, evolvewh said:

Is this something that a developer and/or Blesta could add or is it something that's isolated to Authorize.net and what they're capable of providing Blesta with?

It really depends how Authorize.net has designed it. Some gateways (like PayPal, and other non-merchant gateways) make an IPN call back to Blesta with status changes. Merchant gateways like Authorize.net don't do that, or typically even have that ability, though it's possible some might. I'm just speculating, but my guess is that Authorize.net would want Blesta to periodically check the status of the transaction.. so this would be initiated on our end, and not their end. There is no mechanism built into the merchant gateway system to make automatic API calls to check the status of transactions, so *if* Authorize.net supports this, it would require a change both to the merchant gateway system and the gateway module.

54 minutes ago, Paul said:

It really depends how Authorize.net has designed it. Some gateways (like PayPal, and other non-merchant gateways) make an IPN call back to Blesta with status changes. Merchant gateways like Authorize.net don't do that, or typically even have that ability, though it's possible some might. I'm just speculating, but my guess is that Authorize.net would want Blesta to periodically check the status of the transaction.. so this would be initiated on our end, and not their end. There is no mechanism built into the merchant gateway system to make automatic API calls to check the status of transactions, so *if* Authorize.net supports this, it would require a change both to the merchant gateway system and the gateway module.

If it could be implemented, I think a lot of users would benefit from this.