How To Change Default Start Client Id

S.H.

Question

Hello everyone, Initial setup for Blesta 2.5 allowed you to set the starting UID for clients but I do not see this option in Blesta 3. How do I change this from the default 1500?

I have an idea to change the clients_start value from the settings table in the database but I don't know if changing it directly from the db will cause anything else to break.

What do you suggest?

5 answers to this question

Hello everyone, Initial setup for Blesta 2.5 allowed you to set the starting UID for clients but I do not see this option in Blesta 3. How do I change this from the default 1500?

I have an idea to change the clients_start value from the settings table in the database but I don't know if changing it directly from the db will cause anything else to break.

What do you suggest?

I don't believe there is a way to change this except the database as you stated because the 1-1500 are reserved for staff users.

Blesta 2.5 would use the auto-incrementing client id from the database as the client id. v3 uses clients.id_value and clients.id_format. This isn't yet customizable in the interface, so you may be able to make a change in the database.

BACK UP EVERYTHING FIRST

Look for the client where id_value is the largest, and change it. If you want the next client to have an ID of 12345, set it to 12344. Then, create a new client. Then, change the id_value back that you changed to 12344.

If you want to include other characters in the client id, you can as well.

For example..

HOST-12345

USER-12345-CO

abc-12345

12345-xyz

To do that, look in company_settings for the key clients_format and change the value. Be sure to include {key} in your string, someplace.

Again, make sure you back up everything first. I'm not 100% sure the first thing I mentioned will work as intended.

It would be for a new install though. This might sound trivial but I do not like that real life variables such as client number starts counting from zero instead of one. So I want from new install for clients to start from a number like 1501 instead of 1500 for example. This way when you reach 1510 you already know that means 10th client and not the 11th and I won't have to worry about nerd math compensation.