Question On Multi-Company

barryf

Question

Hi

We will be providing a wholesale service, so our customers will be comprised of resellers. We would like for each reseller to have their own self-contained Blesta site, where they in turn can manage their customers/packages etc. with their own staff

Is Multi-company suitable for such a scenario, or is it only for one operator who is trading as multiple companies?

Thanks

-Barry

4 answers to this question

Hi

We will be providing a wholesale service, so our customers will be comprised of resellers. We would like for each reseller to have their own self-contained Blesta site, where they in turn can manage their customers/packages etc. with their own staff

Is Multi-company suitable for such a scenario, or is it only for one operator who is trading as multiple companies?

Thanks

-Barry

I personally wouldn't recommend you did it that way as you'd have full access to every company your customers have with you. Not sure if that would be a security or a breech of the law. I could be wrong though I'd wait for Paul, Cody or Tyson to give you a fuller inside to that matter. It would however make it easier to update every installation.

I personally wouldn't recommend you did it that way as you'd have full access to every company your customers have with you. Not sure if that would be a security or a breech of the law. I could be wrong though I'd wait for Paul, Cody or Tyson to give you a fuller inside to that matter. It would however make it easier to update every installation.

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am not referring to us being a wholesaler of Blesta itself. What I mean is we are wholesaling certain services, and want to provide our resellers with their own Blesta-based "company" with its own URL as a means to manage their end-user customers. We have all the information on their customers anyway - giving them their own Blesta-based  "company" allows them to brand it as they wish, with its own URL for the client portal, etc. and their own staff logins.

From a security or law point of view this is no different than keeping all of this under one instance (company) of Blesta, where we would hold all data on all resellers and their customers, so I don't see that as an issue at all. 

Regards,

-Barry

Hi Barry,

Multi-company hasn't been tested with a large number of companies, and isn't intended to be used as a SaaS in the manner that we are licensing it. If you'll have a dozen or two companies, that will probably be alright.. but I would suggest becoming a Blesta reseller and hosting a fresh installation for each of your users. We can do snapshot billing so that you pay monthly for only the number of licenses you have active on the 1st of each month.

Cheers

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am not referring to us being a wholesaler of Blesta itself. What I mean is we are wholesaling certain services, and want to provide our resellers with their own Blesta-based "company" with its own URL as a means to manage their end-user customers. We have all the information on their customers anyway - giving them their own Blesta-based  "company" allows them to brand it as they wish, with its own URL for the client portal, etc. and their own staff logins.

From a security or law point of view this is no different than keeping all of this under one instance (company) of Blesta, where we would hold all data on all resellers and their customers, so I don't see that as an issue at all. 

Regards,

-Barry

Oh like "End user support" I don't see anything wrong there then, and it would be a nice idea, as your offering it as a service to them so they trust you with their customers information. But yeah Paul's way would be better security wise as a VAR reseller your not limited however you can only offer them to your customers.