Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blesta Addons

Dates in blesta should have a fix,

Recommended Posts

Hello, this is not the first time i talk/claim about this, but this is causing us a lot of problems and claims and money lose . we talked in

and here

 

but until now no fix is provided .

a sample case from us

Service Created in 10-4-2018 14:00 .

Renew date are 10-4-2019 14:00

Invoice Due Date 10-4-2019 00:00

Suspend Services Days After Due  1 Day

this service will be suspended in 12-4-2019 when cronjob run .

as you see we have here 2 days of latency in suspension system, we need the service to be suspended the same day if invoice is not paid (in our example should be 10-4-2019 14:01) , i wouldn't talk about times in blesta as we have talked a lot and we have arrived to no solution, my ask if blesta staff can make a new setting or anything to achieve this simple request?

we need the service to be suspended after their expiration date immediately, in some services letting services for two days active (and this is the minimum in blesta) before suspending them will consume a lot of resources and licenses fees.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 6:45 AM, Blesta Addons said:

as you see we have here 2 days of latency in suspension system, we need the service to be suspended the same day if invoice is not paid (in our example should be 10-4-2019 14:01) , i wouldn't talk about times in blesta as we have talked a lot and we have arrived to no solution, my ask if blesta staff can make a new setting or anything to achieve this simple request?

we need the service to be suspended after their expiration date immediately, in some services letting services for two days active (and this is the minimum in blesta) before suspending them will consume a lot of resources and licenses fees.

Does your Service Suspension automation task run at a later time-of-day than the due date on the invoice for that servce? For example, if the invoice is due at 12:00:00, but the cron runs at 10:00:00 it may not suspend the service because it is still not past 12:00:00.

I think that it would make sense for the Service Suspension task to suspend any service that would be past due (i.e. Suspend Services Days After Due) for the entire day. That is, if the invoice is due May 6 at 12:00:00, but the cron runs May 7 at 10:00:00, it should still suspend it because the invoice was due the day before and the Suspend Services Days After Due is set to 1 day. Would that make sense? It sounds like this might be the issue in your case, except because the cron did not suspend it on May 7 at 10:00:00 it only suspended it the next time the cron ran, the next day, May 8 at 10:00:00.

You mentioned that you want to suspend services immediately based on the invoice due date time, e.g., if an invoice is due at 14:00 and it is now 14:01, the service should be suspended. The problem with this is that the Service Suspension automated task only runs once a day, similar to invoice creation and service renewals, so I would expect them to act on records for the entire day from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59. Sometimes invoices are set to be due at the beginning of the day (i.e. 00:00:00 midnight) even though they may have been created later (e.g. 15:25:00), so the time can not be relied upon like the day can since Blesta focuses on the "day of".

The Suspend Services Days After Due setting does not currently have a "Same Day" option. This is so that customers can pay for the invoice any time on that day (even at 23:59:00) and the service does not get suspended until the next day (at least 00:00:00 the next day). Would a "Same Day" option help you here? It could lead to services being suspended on the day the invoice is due, and depending on when your automation tasks run, before the customer has a chance to pay for it that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Tyson, from what i have understand it has relation with time and not day, let us simplify it more

invoice due : 10-4-2019 12:00, form what i have capted in your answer the first day due will be at 11-4-2019 12:01 and is illegible to suspension from date 12-4-2019 12:01 if the cron are in in earlier time than 12:00.

it would be a solution if Blesta will not look at time and use only calendar date, i think here we can save 1 day, with a new option like suspended the service same day, so if we have invoice due : 10-4-2019 12:00, cron suspension run time is 00:00, then the service should be suspended in cron run at 11-4-2019 : 00:00. at least with this we have only some hours of delay not whole 2 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

it would be a solution if Blesta will not look at time and use only calendar date

I agree that we should be looking at calendar day. I think we can achieve your result by keeping the setting "Suspend Services Days After Due" at "1 Day".

Here's what I would propose:

  • Update the Suspend Services cron to evaluate all services that were due at any time of day yesterday

This would mean that if today is 11-4-2019 00:00:00 and the cron is now running the Suspend Services task, it will see that an invoice was past due at 10-4-2019 23:00:00 (an hour ago) and suspend it now instead of waiting until tomorrow (25 hours after due).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 4:30 PM, Tyson said:

I agree that we should be looking at calendar day. I think we can achieve your result by keeping the setting "Suspend Services Days After Due" at "1 Day".

Here's what I would propose:

  • Update the Suspend Services cron to evaluate all services that were due at any time of day yesterday

This would mean that if today is 11-4-2019 00:00:00 and the cron is now running the Suspend Services task, it will see that an invoice was past due at 10-4-2019 23:00:00 (an hour ago) and suspend it now instead of waiting until tomorrow (25 hours after due). 

i agree with this scenario .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...