Multicraft Module

Purevoltage

Hello there,

I made another post about this however noticed it wasn't in the correct section.

We're looking to see if there could be a Multicraft module made for Blesta, we're currenty wanting to make the switch over from WHMCS however it's not possible at this time till we have something setup for Multicraft as we have a large amount of orders still coming in for it and a lot of customers who we would have to move over here.

They have an API system for Multicraft linked here. http://www.multicraft.org/site/docs?view=api

There is a large amount of minecraft providers who would like to move over here if this is supported.

If anything is needed from myself to help get this done quickly please feel free to let me know I'll be happy to help setup a test server etc for this to work correctly.

Multicraft is currently scheduled for development, and is assigned to task CORE-61. It's tentatively set for a 3.2 release and I'm personally looking forward to being able to build this one.

Do you have an "in" with a lot of these minecraft server providers? If they are willing to switch to Blesta if we had support, that would probably move it up the priority list.

Multicraft is currently scheduled for development, and is assigned to task CORE-61. It's tentatively set for a 3.2 release and I'm personally looking forward to being able to build this one.

Do you have an "in" with a lot of these minecraft server providers? If they are willing to switch to Blesta if we had support, that would probably move it up the priority list.

I know one of my clients uses Multicraft, not sure if he'd move though, he seems to be sticking up for a competitor software.

Our sub company is a pretty large minecraft provider who has been around since it was released, we also know a large amount of other providers out there who we could advertise this module towards who I'm sure at least half of those people would switch. We currently have our own in house panel almost finished which when it's done we'll be moving away from Multicraft however that's a few months away I'm sure.

We provide hardware to a decent amount of others in the gaming field which we could send them something to switch over here. In fact I'll be taking a look at the reseller options you guys also have. :)

The main issue is game server providers get hit with exploits first it seems I know a few providers got hit with the last whmcs exploit which is never a good thing so those guys along with others will switch asap if they have something that works like this.

As a former hoster of minecraft servers, I would have to say from experience you would need more than multicraft support before a lot of them would be interested in moving.  TcAdmin being the main one as well (since a lot of them do voice servers and other game servers as well).  Support for a few more virtualization panels might be needed as well, some of the free ones (openvz webpanel is a popular one among cheaper MC hosts).

It might not be a bad idea for you to create a thread on monecraftforum.net in the servers section and see what most of them would need supported in order for them to make the switch.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm somewhat surprised how many requests we are starting to get for Multicraft. I think in order to do it right, we need to build it with native support for configurable options which are coming in 3.1. ie, select the number of slots from a drop down, or the data center location. Being able to charge more for a premium data center location, or a discounted rate for more slots is going to be important.

I'm somewhat surprised how many requests we are starting to get for Multicraft. I think in order to do it right, we need to build it with native support for configurable options which are coming in 3.1. ie, select the number of slots from a drop down, or the data center location. Being able to charge more for a premium data center location, or a discounted rate for more slots is going to be important.

I wonder could Multicraft be a exclusive 3.1 addon mate ;) haha

Sounds good, it would be great to be able to add features like this, I really like the options of being able to charge more for different locations etc. It was something we ran into with our current solution which is blah! Like our dedicated IP's we sell would have to have a different option for our EU locations as it's very limited on how many IP's we're able to get vs in the US we run our own network and have IP's but our panel now doesn't let this happen.

If there is any questions about features this should have I'll be happy to help you guys get some more options I find it should have.