Email Piping And Imap Tickets Not Working

Alexander Orlov

Question

I have followed setup both ways of setting up email pipping at http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-EmailPiping and they dont seem to work and when i try using the IMAP option the emails dont get imported so at the moment i cant fully migrate from V2.5 due to support desk not working.

Support seems to take hours to reply and i have been waiting 8 hours for a reply hence why ive come to the forum for help.

24 answers to this question

I have followed setup both ways of setting up email pipping at http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-EmailPiping and they dont seem to work and when i try using the IMAP option the emails dont get imported so at the moment i cant fully migrate from V2.5 due to support desk not working.

Support seems to take hours to reply and i have been waiting 8 hours for a reply hence why ive come to the forum for help.

First, this isn't a hosting company...it's a software company...8 hours isn't a very long to wait for a response for a software product...just sayin'

Secondly...what does Tools > Logs show?  Any errors anywhere?  Can you tell us exactly how you have it setup, etc?  You didn't give very many details with which to help you.

Yeah sorry but for a software company with 3 main guys, it's hard for them to answer loads of tickets within a day, they are doing the Blesta product / modules etc as-well. I always recommend the forum for support as you never know us members and the guys might have already answered your question.

Please try: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1017-email-piping/page-2#entry8817

And if it doesn't work. open the pipe.php and replace: #!/usr/bin/php -q with #!/usr/local/bin/php -q

what I'm going to do as I've been trying for the last month with no ideas at all from the guys here and the ideas you guys have put forward as well dont seem to work 

im going to use a 3rd party support script which is not going to help me or my customers as they now have to remember more login details for the support desk until something does get resolved with the email pipping unless support can get it working by accessing my account and try and get this working or i may have to sell my licence and put it towards client exec when V5 comes out which  is something i don't want to do as i do love besta but V2 is way out of date and is causing me moving to the V3 is the email piping.

This is something down to the fact i want a single log on for my customers for billing and support which is currently unavailable 

if that does not work paul would you be willing to have a look at my installation as im getting really feed up been trying to get this working since its came out without trying to contact support until lately and its still not at all working but i am going to try that now with replacing the pipe.php file now 

here is part of the error in the email returned incase anyone else has any ideas

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 2: /*: No such file or directory

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 3: /**: No such file or directory

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 4: access-logs: command not found

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 5: access-logs: command not found

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 6: access-logs: command not found

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 7: access-logs: command not found

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 8: access-logs: command not found

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 9: access-logs: command not found

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 10: access-logs: command not found

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 11: syntax error near unexpected token `('

/home/user/public_html/my/index.php: line 11: ` * @lastmodified  $Date: 2010-10-01 13:50:08 -0700 (Fri, 01 Oct 2010) $'

Out of curiosity... when you are using IMAP does your cron log show the following?

Attempting plugin cron for support_manager poll_tickets.

-->Output Attempting plugin cron for support_manager poll_tickets

Not to highjack this post however, with IMAP or POP3 the tickets will not import on my end either if the cron job is ran automatically and it only affects the support tickets import part.

I have a montthly Blesta licens through buycpanel.com, and I'm having some problems getting the pipe and/or imap to work with my Blesta installation.

I've had the above errors as listed in email with certain config parameters, and I've tried 2 varitions of pipe.php; one gives simliar erros to above, the other has problems with the " . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." statement.   I would open a ticket, but I'm not registered on Blesta to do so in buying thru a reseller.   Any help I can get resolving the issue is sincerely appreciated.

When I use BASH at the beginning of the php code (see below), with file chmode 755, I get the following errors (see below code).

#!/usr/bin/php -q

<?php

try {

include(dirname(__FILE__) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "lib/init.php");

// Dispatch the Web request

if (!empty($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']))

Dispatcher::dispatch($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

// Dispatch the CLI request

else

Dispatcher::dispatchCli($argv);

}

catch (Exception $e) {

try {

// Attempt to raise any error, gracefully

Dispatcher::raiseError($e);

}

catch (Exception $e) {

if (Configure::get("System.debug"))

echo $e->getMessage() . " on line <strong>" . $e->getLine() .

"</strong> in <strong>" . $e->getFile() . "</strong>\n" .

"<br />Printing Stack Trace:<br />" . nl2br($e->getTraceAsString());

else

echo $e->getMessage();

}

}

?>

PROCUCED THE FOLLOWING  BOUNCED EMAIL BACK WITH ERRORS:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/admin/public_html/

store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/
    generated by
SALES@DOMAIN.CA
    local delivery failed

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/home/admin/public_html/store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/
       generated by
sales@albertahost.ca ------

/home/admin/public_html/store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 2: ?php: No such file or directory
/home/admin/public_html/store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 3: try: command not found
/home/admin/public_html/store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `dirname'
/home/admin/public_html/store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 4: `       include(dirname(__FILE__) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "lib/init.php");'

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

THEN,

If I use this code layout for pipe.php, with chmod 755

<?php

try {

include(dirname(__FILE__) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "lib/init.php");

else

}

catch (Exception $e) {

try {

}

catch (Exception $e) {

else

echo $e->getMessage();

}

}

?>

Produced the following BOUNCED ERRORS::

store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/
    generated by
SALES@DOMAIN.CA
    local delivery failed

I'm close, but it's not working, I"m missing something.  I've been chasing this around for a coupld days -  I would like to get it resolved. Would appreciate any insight I can gain on my errors.   If you need access to check it out, let me know. you can email me at  albertahost (at) gmail {dot} com and I can give you the logins you need (blesta, cpanel, whm?).

-Scott

I ended up moving hosts and using osticket for my support tickets.

I will be looking at moving back to blesta for the support side of things shortly but that's not at the top of my list to be honest.

The developers should see your having the same issue as me Scott and may be able to help you. 

I have a montthly Blesta licens through buycpanel.com, and I'm having some problems getting the pipe and/or imap to work with my Blesta installation.

I've had the above errors as listed in email with certain config parameters, and I've tried 2 varitions of pipe.php; one gives simliar erros to above, the other has problems with the " . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." statement.   I would open a ticket, but I'm not registered on Blesta to do so in buying thru a reseller.   Any help I can get resolving the issue is sincerely appreciated.

When I use BASH at the beginning of the php code (see below), with file chmode 755, I get the following errors (see below code).

#!/usr/bin/php -q

<?php

try {

else

}

catch (Exception $e) {

try {

}

catch (Exception $e) {

else

echo $e->getMessage();

}

}

?>

PROCUCED THE FOLLOWING  BOUNCED EMAIL BACK WITH ERRORS:

generated by

SALES@DOMAIN.CA

local delivery failed

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/home/admin/public_html/store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1/

generated by sales@albertahost.ca ------

/home/admin/public_html/store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 2: ?php: No such file or directory

/home/admin/public_html/store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 3: try: command not found

/home/admin/public_html/store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `dirname'

/home/admin/public_html/store/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php: line 4: `       include(dirname(__FILE__) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . ".." . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "lib/init.php");'

THEN,

If I use this code layout for pipe.php, with chmod 755

<?php

try {

else

}

catch (Exception $e) {

try {

}

catch (Exception $e) {

else

echo $e->getMessage();

}

}

?>

Produced the following BOUNCED ERRORS::

generated by

SALES@DOMAIN.CA

local delivery failed

I'm close, but it's not working, I"m missing something.  I've been chasing this around for a coupld days -  I would like to get it resolved. Would appreciate any insight I can gain on my errors.   If you need access to check it out, let me know. you can email me at  albertahost (at) gmail {dot} com and I can give you the logins you need (blesta, cpanel, whm?).

-Scott

Try #!/usr/local/bin/php -q instead.

Thanks for the insight Manchester :)  But I really would prefer to keep it all working in Blesta.  If I can't get support working then I'll dump it completely and go over to WHMCS (sorry to swear in this forums like that.. hehe ).  But I need the automation component,  I'm a small operation and automation matters. :)

I've also tried to setup a simple (or so I thought)  IMAP config, which I've worked at establishing first with  support@      But when that wouldn't work, I thought OK, I'll pipe it instead - but that isn't an easy task either.   I think I'm missing something in the mix (obviously), and if it can work, then it should work, as this is a fresh cpanel build with nothing that special for bells 'n whistle addons.   I'm running on a CentOS box, with Linux Cloud on top for security & resource control, then cPanel and a few addons, nothing that special.

Cheers!

-Scott

Working on the IMAP part... while I'm waiting to see if the other bounces...

When I send email to support@   which is setup as IMAP,  the Tools/Log section said the following regarding the reply it tried to send out:

Connection to tcp://imap.albertahost.ca:465 Timed Out

1.  If it tried to send a reply -  where is the test message I sent to support@ (controlled/configured via IMAP).

2.  I looked all over for that  "get mail / tickets' button, and i can't find it - where is it located?

-Scott

OK..

When editing  /etc/aliases file

Now if the bash that worked for me (no bounce errors - although don't know where the mail went either)...  is using #!/usr/local/bin/php -q

Does that mean in the aliases file I should be using /usr/local/bin/php  and not /usr/bin/php  as show in the example quoted below from the DOCs*

support: "|/usr/bin/php /home/user/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1"

So should I be using the one below with /usr/local/bin/php  used instead, in the aliases file???

support: "|/usr/local/bin/php /home/user/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1"

Currently I'm using the TOP VERSION, and mail didn't bounce - but I don't know where it went now after changing over bash to #!/usr/local/bin/php -q

-Scott

OK..

When editing  /etc/aliases file

Now if the bash that worked for me (no bounce errors - although don't know where the mail went either)...  is using #!/usr/local/bin/php -q

Does that mean in the aliases file I should be using /usr/local/bin/php  and not /usr/bin/php  as show in the example quoted below from the DOCs*

support: "|/usr/bin/php /home/user/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1"

So should I be using the one below with /usr/local/bin/php  used instead, in the aliases file???

support: "|/usr/local/bin/php /home/user/public_html/plugins/support_manager/pipe.php plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/1"

Currently I'm using the TOP VERSION, and mail didn't bounce - but I don't know where it went now after changing over bash to #!/usr/local/bin/php -q

-Scott

I don't believe you do use that in the cron, however replace pipe.php with the code attached.

This is what Cody gave us in another thread because a few of us had issues, not sure if it's the one you have already though:

#!/usr/local/bin/php -q
<?php
/**
 * This files pipes email messages into the system. This is configured to process
 * messages for only a single company ID. Clone this file and change the
 * $company_id variable below to add pipe support for additional companies.
 */
$company_id = 1;

try {

$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = null;
    $argv = array(
        '',
		'plugin/support_manager/ticket_pipe/index/' . $company_id
    );
	unset($company_id);

else
}
catch (Exception $e) {
	try {
	}
	catch (Exception $e) {
		else
			echo $e->getMessage();
	}
}
?>