Button Instead Of Image On The Payment

swerlo

Hi,

I find it can be confusing when the customer comes to the payment step, because there's no clear payment button. Instead there is an image of the payment processor. At least it's the case with the 2checkout.

8pl2.jpg

Eventually I have clicked on the image and was redirected to pay the invoice. Still I'm more familiar with 2checkout than the customers and this can lead to unnecessary tickets opening.

The point is that it wasn't clear to me how to proceed. I was searching for the button and after a bit of frustration I've clicked on the image without knowing what would happen.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I suppose simple button in front of the image would be a better solution.

Would like to hear is there a chance to correct this. 

I've not tried this so not sure if it is thank you want however try this:

in: /plugins/order/views/templates/standard/main_complete.pdt

Replace:

<div class="btn submit right_btn"><a href="<?php echo $this->Html->safe($this->base_uri . "plugin/order/main/index/" . $this->Html->ifSet($order_form->label));?>"><?php $this->_("Main.complete.order_more_btn");?></a></div>

With:

<div class="btn submit right_btn"><a href="<?php echo $this->Html->safe($this->base_uri . "plugin/order/main/index/". $this->Html->ifSet($order_form->label));?>" class="submit">Complete Order</a></div>

These are graphics created by their respective payment processors. I've had the idea for a while of removing these altogether and replacing them with standard buttons. PayPal, and I believe a few other (now defunct) gateways required that you use one of their payment button, but I think they have since become much more lax on this.

The idea, and it works for PayPal, is that customers who want to pay with PayPal are familiar with the branding of those images and know what to do. This might be less obvious for something else that customers may not have an account with and instead will pay with a credit card on their website.

I'm sure something can be done to improve the usability here -- just not sure what the best option is.

It's not that we mind the image being there it's that it doesn't look like a button unless you hover your mouse over it and get a cursor.  It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that it's a button, it's just not your typical submit button that end users are familiar with.   Example:  http://screencast.com/t/NieEnkM7iTxn

So even if there was the classic submit (like the one when you pay with CC) above it.  I think that would be uniform.  I'm even thinking about putting the PayPal logo on the prior screen where you select which account you want to use.  That seems more appropriate since that's where the decision to select a payment type is made.

Edit:  Just noticed my example was different from the original.

+1 for this.

Not sure about other gateways, but with Paypal they give you the functionality to create your own button. In the Paypal module perhaps have a text area to dump the form code generated by the Paypal button creation tool, otherwise if left blank just use the standard graphic as it now?

I agree it is not rocket science, however if your customers aren't always computer savvy (retirees for example) then using graphics/text that do not reflect the function of the action they perform will generate support tickets, or even worse lose their custom all together.