Paypal Standard Payments Problems

mlsto

Question

Hello

I have paypal as the payment, I did a payment for a service it went through and redirected to blesta but I see the invoice as still unpaid. I checked my paypal account and the payment is recorded in paypal as complete.

A client paid for hosting, I received the notice from paypal but the system did not record the payment I had to manually record the payment, shouldn't blesta record these payments.

Also do I need the IPN set in paypal, I tried putting my blesta url mydomain.com/clients/ but paypal gave this error:

We were unable to validate the URL you have entered. Please check your entry and try again.

Should I just turn off the IPN or I need a specific IPN URL?

Thanks for any help on these issues.

10 answers to this question

Hello

I have paypal as the payment, I did a payment for a service it went through and redirected to blesta but I see the invoice as still unpaid. I checked my paypal account and the payment is recorded in paypal as complete.

A client paid for hosting, I received the notice from paypal but the system did not record the payment I had to manually record the payment, shouldn't blesta record these payments.

Also do I need the IPN set in paypal, I tried putting my blesta url mydomain.com/clients/ but paypal gave this error:

We were unable to validate the URL you have entered. Please check your entry and try again.

Should I just turn off the IPN or I need a specific IPN URL?

Thanks for any help on these issues.

That's probably the email dismatch. PayPal email must match the email the client has on record else they don't get recorded yet.

Thanks CubicWebs

Yeah think you are right. What about the IPN do I leave it off or on, if on why doesn't Paypal recognise my blesta location URL in the IPN.

Thanks again

not sure, it's supposed to, but maybe it's just the paypal emails, we'll see when the guys find a way to get PayPal integrated better for us. So I do everything manually but it's worth it :D You might want to add the notice I have.

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1566-cannot-get-paypal-payments-standard-to-work/?p=12337

I think instead of matching emails, that it should take a look at the 'Invoice Number' and then update that way.  It would be more efficient and you won't have to worry about running into this situation.

I would say that about 99% of my customer's PayPal email doesn't match what they have setup in the billing system.

I can tell you that MY PayPal email doesn't match my personal email that I setup on accounts either.

Therefore, the payment would NEVER be applied in this circumstance.

That's a bad design of the PayPal Payment Module.  This definitely needs to be revamped as soon as possible.  This should be a high priority with the developers to get this adjusted so that it functions properly.

Thanks,

Larry

I think instead of matching emails, that it should take a look at the 'Invoice Number' and then update that way.  It would be more efficient and you won't have to worry about running into this situation.

I like this idea, it would be very handy and also if it saved the subscription ID and then calls the API to check if the payment was received and apply it.

I would say that about 99% of my customer's PayPal email doesn't match what they have setup in the billing system.

I agree, and I think most of us are coping by just manually applying them and checking the paypal account for payments when a order has been received. (We have the mobile app for PayPal, and it alerts us when a payment has been received which helps allot). 

That's a bad design of the PayPal Payment Module.  This definitely needs to be revamped as soon as possible.  This should be a high priority with the developers to get this adjusted so that it functions properly.

I disagree here, the gateway works fine, it just needs to be adjusted to fit what their customers needs since people don't use the same email address. But again the warning message is handy.

I can tell you that MY PayPal email doesn't match my personal email that I setup on accounts either.

Thanks,

Larry

From the PayPal logs ([Tools] > [Logs] > [Gateway]) what is your 'business' and 'receiver_email' addresses? Also, what is your PayPal account address set to in Blesta?