Clients Shouldn't Be Numbers

swerlo

I've already have had few suggestions and this is probably the last thing I have to suggest after taking the Blesta.

While it's pretty normal for the admin to see the id of the clients, I do not think it's a good practice that this information is available from the client area.

I think it doesn't look professional and human. When clients are logged in the client area they should not see the id number (#1501, #1502, 1503, etc).

They only see it at the top in the address title. I would like a customer to see their ID as it helps locating a customer. If a customer off site says my Client ID is: 1700, I can search them on the admin panel and pull their client information up.

However it would be nice to turn it on and off, and choose where it is displayed, like I would like it on the top of the my info box like the admin area.

I've already have had few suggestions and this is probably the last thing I have to suggest after taking the Blesta.

While it's pretty normal for the admin to see the id of the clients, I do not think it's a good practice that this information is available from the client area.

I think it doesn't look professional and human. When clients are logged in the client area they should not see the id number (#1501, #1502, 1503, etc).

You're only seeing this on invoices right?  That's the only place where it displays on our system which is completely normal.  Whether from your cable company at home or one of your suppliers for your company it's pretty standard to see an account number included with your invoice. I disagree about it not being professional.  If anything I think it is more professional having it. Especially when names can be changed. Account numbers can never be changed.

Edit:  Do you mean in the page title?  If so then maybe there's a way to edit that in structure.pdt?

You're only seeing this on invoices right?  That's the only place where it displays on our system which is completely normal.  Whether from your cable company at home or one of your suppliers for your company it's pretty standard to see an account number included with your invoice.  I disagree about it not being professional.  If anything I think it is more professional having it.  Especially when names can be changed.  Account numbers can never be changed.

If you view a client area, on the title of the page it says client #1500 | page name :)

If you view a client area, on the title of the page it says client #1500 | page name :)

Yea I just noticed that and added it in my previous reply.  It doesn't seem editable in structure.pdt... or is it?

<title><?php echo (($page_title = (isset($page_title) ? $page_title : $this->_($page_title_lang, true, $get_params))) ? $this->Html->_($page_title, true) . " | " : "") . $this->Html->_($system_company->name, true);?></title> 

Yea I just noticed that and added it in my previous reply.  It doesn't seem editable in structure.pdt... or is it?

<title><?php echo (($page_title = (isset($page_title) ? $page_title : $this->_($page_title_lang, true, $get_params))) ? $this->Html->_($page_title, true) . " | " : "") . $this->Html->_($system_company->name, true);?></title> 

To be honest I don't know where they save the page titles to edit haha.

Some customers may have multiple accounts with the same contact details, so a customer number helps identify the correct one.

I agree that people don't like to be thought of as a number.. people are people not numbers. So, the question becomes, how do we make the number available to the customer in case they need to reference it, in a way that is respectful?

Some customers may have multiple accounts with the same contact details, so a customer number helps identify the correct one.

I agree that people don't like to be thought of as a number.. people are people not numbers. So, the question becomes, how do we make the number available to the customer in case they need to reference it, in a way that is respectful?

Like the admin area mate instead of my information? I think it looks cool and unique, but with a option to turn on or off, so people who don't want it can keep it off. 

You're only seeing this on invoices right?  That's the only place where it displays on our system which is completely normal.  Whether from your cable company at home or one of your suppliers for your company it's pretty standard to see an account number included with your invoice. I disagree about it not being professional.  If anything I think it is more professional having it. Especially when names can be changed. Account numbers can never be changed.

Edit:  Do you mean in the page title?  If so then maybe there's a way to edit that in structure.pdt?

CubicWebs is right, I meant on the page title.