Egad!

Bit Bayou

Did I miss anything?

Still need some more plugins? I might be willing to make a few, but need some ideas and any further thoughts on such plugins. What is the current request? Finish the knowledge base plugin I started a while back? General article / website management?

Bills don't pay themselves! haha but seriously, any thoughts on plugins for sale; Donation based; or otherwise?

I may be looking in to do some bounty work as well, here or in the open source community...

A few plugins I would like to see (and would create if I had time) based on user feedback.

1. Auto cancel invoice if service is canceled
  2. Export clients/contacts based on services for export to campaign monitor/constant contact/mailchimp, etc.
  3. Javascript snippet that fetches package/order form information for easy inclusion on web sites (both JSON and HTML output)
  4. Hardware monitoring

IP management:  We've grown past the point where a spreadsheet is a reasonable solution.

QuantumVault plugin:  I think this is already assigned to a CORE.

Knowledgebase:  I reverse my earlier statement about a wiki being a better choice.  I'd be thrilled with a KB.  I remember you started one a while back -- any progress?

As for development costs, I'd be willing to consider paying one-time for modules.  Free is great, but free doesn't write code.  :)  What would you consider a fair price for some of the above?

IP management:  We've grown past the point where a spreadsheet is a reasonable solution.

QuantumVault plugin:  I think this is already assigned to a CORE.

Knowledgebase:  I reverse my earlier statement about a wiki being a better choice.  I'd be thrilled with a KB.  I remember you started one a while back -- any progress?

As for development costs, I'd be willing to consider paying one-time for modules.  Free is great, but free doesn't write code.  :)  What would you consider a fair price for some of the above?

I'd buy some too if they was for sale.

Josh if you would like I'd donate to you for modules and I'm sure some others would, and if you did a one of fee I'm sure people would. Maybe you could ask Blesta if they would like to own the rights and might give you some funds for it. Also I'd advertise them on the Licensecart's new website in development, we've got a nice page for third parties (Free / Purchasable modules too on there)

I mean, I have enough funds to survive for now and what not... I'm just wondering about any preferred methods or costs? I ask because I recently lost a major source of income, and need to consider making a livable wage doing what I love doing. :)

I know and completely understand that FREE is better!! haha I may release a free version and then offer a paid upgraded version, with better features? Or offer completely free, but paid support?

I'm [personally] a work in progress, but I'd like to believe I'm making improvements every day :)

So which would you prefer in the long run? I could probably implement a wiki-like system... or would a knowledgebase be better? Any thoughts on that?

"Make a Blesta plugin" is on my current TO DO list; something's going to happen.

There's pretty good demand for a knowledge base, but since we have plans to create one (and include it for free) I'd suggest something else if the point of the release is to make money.

I mean, more spending cash is always nice! Haha but not the main goal here either... I do have some other projects in the works right now too. I absolutely plan on making ay least one plugin, and will go from there I guess!

I was more or less curious on a community stand point since the current [apparent] options are great, but limited at the same time. So I thought it best to ask what would be better for the majority, but also be open to other input as well!

It's on my to do list, I just need to stay motivated long enough!! Hah 2014 is a year of renewal!

• 8 months later...

I think  that Digital Ocean plugin woud be something to consider,I'm sure a not only lot of existing customers will start using it but also it woud probably attract many competeition customers to migrate to Blesta.When it comes Blesta I often speak with many people about it and one thing I noticed is that  there is huge number of potential customers who are still in I woud say "Cloud" and they think about Blesta as their favor future billing/accounting software but they still stand distanced and look what will happen next. Many of them are waiting some futures to be implemented,some of them are alrady in testing proces but many of them need just little to be pushed .Today more and more users go and resell third party service rather than provide self menaged service.  I personaly always go for my-menaged service and I always build my infrastucture my self but I know for sure that most people prefer withite labeled menaged service like vps.net.....and other.

Digital Ocean is every day more and more popular thanks to very good service at afordable prices,their cloud infrstucture is builded on KVM hypervisor and now they are one of the most prefered service for resell,but as  they don't provide clasic resellers plan like in SolusVM, making one plugin which will allow users to resell  Digital Ocean service at very afordable price can be right decision.

When it comes Digital Ocean  ,they are very popular,reilable and in same time one of cheapest provider on the market and they are much better option than for example vps.net( in my opinion offcourse).

If I don't have already resolved the situation when it comes to VPS service I woud code one small custome plugin for my self with basic control panel funcions and I woud reseller their service completly white labeled.

i think there is already DO plugin for WHMCS ,may be even for some other software and i look DO API documentation(to be honest only few pages) and seems they provide decent documentation for devlopers.

I think  that Digital Ocean plugin woud be something to consider,I'm sure a not only lot of existing customers will start using it but also it woud probably attract many competeition customers to migrate to Blesta.When it comes Blesta I often speak with many people about it and one thing I noticed is that  there is huge number of potential customers who are still in I woud say "Cloud" and they think about Blesta as their favor future billing/accounting software but they still stand distanced and look what will happen next. Many of them are waiting some futures to be implemented,some of them are alrady in testing proces but many of them need just little to be pushed .Today more and more users go and resell third party service rather than provide self menaged service.  I personaly always go for my-menaged service and I always build my infrastucture my self but I know for sure that most people prefer withite labeled menaged service like vps.net.....and other.

Digital Ocean is every day more and more popular thanks to very good service at afordable prices,their cloud infrstucture is builded on KVM hypervisor and now they are one of the most prefered service for resell,but as  they don't provide clasic resellers plan like in SolusVM, making one plugin which will allow users to resell  Digital Ocean service at very afordable price can be right decision.

When it comes Digital Ocean  ,they are very popular,reilable and in same time one of cheapest provider on the market and they are much better option than for example vps.net( in my opinion offcourse).

If I don't have already resolved the situation when it comes to VPS service I woud code one small custome plugin for my self with basic control panel funcions and I woud reseller their service completly white labeled.

i think there is already DO plugin for WHMCS ,may be even for some other software and i look DO API documentation(to be honest only few pages) and seems they provide decent documentation for devlopers.

QualityMarkup is doing one :)