Looking For Solusvm Module Suggestions

Virtovo

• 1 month later...

Hope it's not too late, but I'd love to see the ability to pass configuration data to the SolusVM master.  Things like template (with the ability to present a clean name to the customer ("CentOS 6 64-bit") instead of the filename ("xenpv_centos65x86_64.img")), # of IPs, which node to create the VPS on, which node group to use, etc.

Hope it's not too late, but I'd love to see the ability to pass configuration data to the SolusVM master.  Things like template (with the ability to present a clean name to the customer ("CentOS 6 64-bit") instead of the filename ("xenpv_centos65x86_64.img")), # of IPs, which node to create the VPS on, which node group to use, etc.

Node Groups were added in 3.1, as part of CORE-832. You can set a node group on the package level and let SolusVM decide which node to put the VPS on, managing the node membership through SolusVM.

We also have plans to allow extra IPs to be ordered via a configurable option. A config option can be set up to request this, but it doesn't currently provision the extra IPs with the order. The module just needs to be updated to expect a specific field name for this. I'd be happy to work with you on this feature if you are able to test it.

Node Groups were added in 3.1, as part of CORE-832. You can set a node group on the package level and let SolusVM decide which node to put the VPS on, managing the node membership through SolusVM.

We also have plans to allow extra IPs to be ordered via a configurable option. A config option can be set up to request this, but it doesn't currently provision the extra IPs with the order. The module just needs to be updated to expect a specific field name for this. I'd be happy to work with you on this feature if you are able to test it.

I wonder if there could be a section on the SolusVM module manage page where it auto grabs the OS filenames with a field next to it say the left, where you can put a Label for each one which Blesta uses instead?

I haven't submitted it as a bug yet until I look into it more but whenever I select a node group I get "Invalid node or group" when trying to provision. Anyone else having that issue?

I haven't submitted it as a bug yet until I look into it more but whenever I select a node group I get "Invalid node or group" when trying to provision. Anyone else having that issue?

That sounds like an error from SolusVM. Anything in the module log contain more details on that error? You may want to check that your package has a node group setup (maybe try re-saving it) and that it's being passed along to SolusVM.

That sounds like an error from SolusVM. Anything in the module log contain more details on that error? You may want to check that your package has a node group setup (maybe try re-saving it) and that it's being passed along to SolusVM.

Yea it was. This is a test environment and I was trying to use the default node group. It works once you add and assign a node group other than default.