How To Move Blesta Installation To Another Server?

S.H.

Question

Hello everybody,

I need to move my Blesta installation to an upgraded server. What is the safe and correct way to accomplish this task?

I believe these are the steps I need to perform:

1. Enable maintenance mode.

2. Copy across files to new server.

3. Create database and import.

4. Edit database settings in config/blesta.php.

5. Setup cron on new server.

6. Turn off maintenance mode.

In theory it sounds like it will work but I would like to hear your advice as I may have missed a step or perhaps you have some relevant experience to share.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

The only other thing you should do before logging into the new server is to re-issue your license. You can do this in the client area by clicking the "Manage" link next to your license, then Manage License, then check and save the re-issue option.

It would also be a good idea to make sure the new server is configured to meet the minimum requirements. http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Requirements

Settings -> System -> General -> Basic Setup, there is an option for Root Web Directory, where is this value stored and when should I change it?

That option is set upon installation. When you migrate over just be sure to update it to the correct path. This ensures that emails that are sent via cron have the correct URL paths in links.

The only other thing you should do before logging into the new server is to re-issue your license. You can do this in the client area by clicking the "Manage" link next to your license, then Manage License, then check and save the re-issue option.

It would also be a good idea to make sure the new server is configured to meet the minimum requirements. http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Requirements

Where are you referring... which client area.  When I go in I do not see Manage as a link.  Is this different on the month to month?

Where are you referring... which client area.  When I go in I do not see Manage as a link.  Is this different on the month to month?

It depends where you buy your license from.

It's here: 

g01wuvfr.png

It's a button now since 3.2 when Blesta went Bootstrap.

And after that button you would see something like this:

4sfvpir8.png

It varies per your provider Blesta will be the same as above but in their design.