Upgrading All Plugins, Modules, Payment Gateways In One Step

Alk

I was surprised to find that after upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1 I had to manually upgrade each individual plugin, module and payment gateway. I was surprised because I did not see this step mentioned in the written documentation (only the video now that I have looked at it) and secondly I do not recall that it was not mentioned as part of the web based upgrade process. 

So I have 3 feature requests please:

1. To put this step as part of the written documentation
  2. To mention this step as part of the web based upgrade process
  3. To take this further and do an "upgrade all" button to upgrade all plugins, modules, payment gateways that it can in one go, and presenting a list of any leftovers that have to be done manually.

Is there going to be a way for devs to not be a part of this?  Or specify how their software is updated?

I dunno, good question. Now's a good time to voice your concerns. Cody can elaborate more on what we were planning, I see there's not too much in way of specs in project management. I do know that it was something that was going to be difficult to do originally, and that's why it isn't in there already.. but it sounded like he pretty much has it figured out now.

Oh, just to add.. this pretty much will not affect 3rd party extensions, only those that ship with Blesta. The upgrader is not going to go to the marketplace and download extensions in order to upgrade them. That will still need to be done manually for the time being, and with a click in the future once the marketplace is up and running if the extension is available on the marketplace.