Paypal Subscriptions With Multiple Services

Alk

Question

I have a question regarding paypal subscriptions, which I'm afraid that I haven't been able to test myself, and so I wonder if someone could clarify for me please.

I understand that when a client checks out and chooses "Paypal Standard payment" that they are only presented with the one time payment button and no option to paypal subscribe. This makes sense, in case there are multiple services on order with different expiry dates etc.

However, how does Blesta handle the scenario when a client has a domain renewal for 2 years and a hosting renewal for 1 year, when they are both due for renewal on the same date? Does Blesta send separate invoices for each service, thereby the client is able to PayPal subscribe to each service individually?

I hope that this makes sense - thanks!

6 answers to this question

They can click make a payment and then tick the invoices and pay for them all at once, or make part payments. If it's a subscription they will be paid automatically.

On renewal, does Blesta send separate invoices for each service?

or if multiple services are due for renewal on the same date (regardless of whether some are being renewed for 3 months and others for 1 year) they are all put together on one invoice?

On renewal, does Blesta send separate invoices for each service?

or if multiple services are due for renewal on the same date (regardless of whether some are being renewed for 3 months and others for 1 year) they are all put together on one invoice?

Services that are billed on the same day, are added to the same invoice, regardless of their term.

Services that are billed on the same day, are added to the same invoice, regardless of their term.

OK, thanks for clarifying. It is good to know this as I therefore conclude that customers will have to be careful what they paypal subscribe to. I assume that they could subscribe to the total amount on the invoice and the recurring payment amount would then be incorrect (due to the different terms). Or is there a method to prevent this from occurring?

OK, thanks for clarifying. It is good to know this as I therefore conclude that customers will have to be careful what they paypal subscribe to. I assume that they could subscribe to the total amount on the invoice and the recurring payment amount would then be incorrect (due to the different terms). Or is there a method to prevent this from occurring?

The PayPal subscription payment would be applied to the invoice though, it would just leave a balance still due on the invoice for the other services. That remaining balance could be paid separately.

I don't believe they would be able to set up a new subscription, post order, for such an invoice though because we detect whether all the services are recurring before displaying a PayPal subscription button.

The PayPal subscription payment would be applied to the invoice though, it would just leave a balance still due on the invoice for the other services. That remaining balance could be paid separately.

I don't believe they would be able to set up a new subscription, post order, for such an invoice though because we detect whether all the services are recurring before displaying a PayPal subscription button.

Perhaps I'll have to do some testing to find out, as in my scenario, the services would all be recurring, just at different terms. Eg. the domain would expire in 2 years, the hosting in 1 year.

To clarify if my Blesta is behaving as intended; it is not showing the paypal subscribe button on checkout of a recurring web hosting service? only the pay now button. 

If I exit out of the checkout process without paying, and go to pay via the client portal, I get the pay now and subscribe buttons.