Support Ticket Help Needed

Ribbons

Question

I'm extremely new to using Blesta and don't know the nuances / ins and outs. I'm not sure if I just missed a step, or there's legitimately something wrong.

I installed the Support Manager, as I want to provide support tickets. I created a "General" department, gave it the From email that I wanted, added myself as a member of the General department.

Went into the Ticket Received, Ticket Responded and Ticket Responded (Mobile) and changed the emalis there to reflect the email I wanted it to send to.

Support Manager is set so anyone can submit a ticket, no need to log in. So here's my problem:

I logged out, went into the Support section, wrote out a test ticket and hit Send. There was no visible web confirmation that the user sent the ticket or it failed, as soon as I hit Send, it took me to the Client Login screen.

The "user" got the "We received it" email right away, the variable {ticket} I used in the email didn't show any values (was left blank).

The email I provided as the From email for tickets never received an email saying a ticket was opened. Furthermore, checking into the Support section, there are no open tickets.

5 answers to this question

That's embarrassing. *blush* Okay, so it does send out emails correctly.

But there's still the issue of the {ticket} value being empty on the client's email.

And there's no success / fail when hitting Send on the support ticket. Just sends straight to the Login. Are these standard features?

In v3.2, clients that aren't logged in will be directed to the support department page after they submit a ticket.

The {ticket} tag is a reference to an object, and {ticket} itself is not a usable tag. You would want to use an attribute from the ticket, like {ticket.summary}. You can take a look at the documentation for a complete list of available tags to each email template.