Domain Pricing

evolvewh

Question

Here's my story:

I just did an import from WHMCS and I have various pricing going on because of different promotions and such.

For example, I have some customers who paid $19.99 / year and some who paid $16.99 / year for a .com

Under packages / browse, I go to Domain Registration (.com) and I attempt to remove the additional pricing so that there is only one price for 1 year, one price for 2 years, etc and I'm unable to because it says 'The term could not be removed because it is used by one or more services.'

Is there no way around this?  If I can't get rid of it, then all of these confusing prices show up on an order form as well.

Thanks for any and all help.

7 answers to this question

Here's my story:

I just did an import from WHMCS and I have various pricing going on because of different promotions and such.

For example, I have some customers who paid $19.99 / year and some who paid $16.99 / year for a .com

Under packages / browse, I go to Domain Registration (.com) and I attempt to remove the additional pricing so that there is only one price for 1 year, one price for 2 years, etc and I'm unable to because it says 'The term could not be removed because it is used by one or more services.'

Is there no way around this?  If I can't get rid of it, then all of these confusing prices show up on an order form as well.

Thanks for any and all help.

Nope unless the price overwrite feature coming soon will fix it, it's just how stupid WHM** stores and allows people to do things.

Nope unless the price overwrite feature coming soon will fix it, it's just how stupid WHM** stores and allows people to do things.

Kind of seems to me like Blesta needs to catch up in some way?  I can't speak for others but I know I end up offering a 'sale price' to get people to transfer and then it renews at a higher rate in the years to come.

There was talk about the configurable pricing for domains (one register price, a renewal price and a transfer price).  Is that already in the software and I missed it?

Kind of seems to me like Blesta needs to catch up in some way?  I can't speak for others but I know I end up offering a 'sale price' to get people to transfer and then it renews at a higher rate in the years to come.

There was talk about the configurable pricing for domains (one register price, a renewal price and a transfer price).  Is that already in the software and I missed it?

But that's where promotions come in on the invoices?

That's coming soon mate the domains will be re-written for it I believe.

But that's where promotions come in on the invoices?

That's coming soon mate the domains will be re-written for it I believe.

Hope so.  I'd really like to get moved over to this system and quit paying for the other one.

I'm guessing the promotion part of Blesta works just fine but I'm trying to figure out how to juggle all of the imported data (the promos I ran) from WHMCS to the right place within Blesta.

Hope so.  I'd really like to get moved over to this system and quit paying for the other one.

I'm guessing the promotion part of Blesta works just fine but I'm trying to figure out how to juggle all of the imported data (the promos I ran) from WHMCS to the right place within Blesta.

The price override will be released on Blesta 3.3, so wait a few more weeks after the 3.2 went stable ;)

We are also waithing for some new feutures (only for Domains) and all of them are almost coming ;)

The price override will be released on Blesta 3.3, so wait a few more weeks after the 3.2 went stable ;)

We are also waithing for some new feutures (only for Domains) and all of them are almost coming ;)

Hope so!  Trying to work out the last few things to make the switch.  I've got some things that don't look right with logic box either but I'll have to start a new thread for it.  Thanks for the response!

I think the solution is to uncheck the box on the domain package page and restrict that package after the import is done.  Then I'm going to create a new package for all of the domains to sort of start over fresh.

I am excited to see this new domain module in v3.3 though.