Nifty Beta Tester Titles?

Daniel B

Please excuse me, but I'm bored at work waiting for the last 30 mins of my shift to end with nothing to do...too bad I can't test blesta better from work... :(

Anyway, I was perusing the members list for no apparent reason and saw that the Alpha Developers got a nifty "Alpha Developer" title.  I love vain things that add absolutely nothing to anything but make me feel a little special inside...any chance beta testers are going to get a "Beta Tester" title? :D

We can probably do something like that.

The reason the alpha developers have that title though is because we had to manually move them to a group with permissions to see the alpha forums, where as you guys had instant access to beta when you signed up.

So, I'll need to figure that out.. but hey, if it gives you guys a reason to stick around on the forums post-release to show off your special titles then hey, why not?  :P

We can probably do something like that.

The reason the alpha developers have that title though is because we had to manually move them to a group with permissions to see the alpha forums, where as you guys had instant access to beta when you signed up.

So, I'll need to figure that out.. but hey, if it gives you guys a reason to stick around on the forums post-release to show off your special titles then hey, why not?  :P

I'd be on the forums every day tbh with or without but maybe change us to beta when you open so there's a new member group. :)

I'll go ahead and tell you the easiest way to do it :)

When you are ready to open the forum to the public, simply create the new usergroup with the new title, and transfer everyone in the registered usergroup to it...that way new people will go to the standard group, and all the beta testers will have been moved to a new beta group.

Or you could just rename the current group and create a new default group after the forums go public :).

(I've run a dozen rather large forums in my time...forums are my thing :)...never used IPB (I prefer xenforo at the moment), but that's normally the easiest way to do something like this)

I'll go ahead and tell you the easiest way to do it :)

When you are ready to open the forum to the public, simply create the new usergroup with the new title, and transfer everyone in the registered usergroup to it...that way new people will go to the standard group, and all the beta testers will have been moved to a new beta group.

Or you could just rename the current group and create a new default group after the forums go public :).

(I've run a dozen rather large forums in my time...forums are my thing :)...never used IPB (I prefer xenforo at the moment), but that's normally the easiest way to do something like this)

Do you have a Xenforo account I can follow you on mate :)

Xenforo forum account is "Staxed", I don't post over there much right now though :).

Thanks mate, just followed you. I've got two accounts there my old one from 2010 because it was linked to my old hacked facebook account and my new one now :)