Auto Debit

ServZoo

Question

I'm still adjusting....

Is there a way to setup auto debit automatically? I'm noticing the orders going through are not setup for auto debit. The payment accounts are there but not enabled for auto debit.

I'm sure I'm just missing something.

6 answers to this question

I get what you are saying, but I want to just clarify that Blesta can or cannot (on it's own) automatically auto debit. I use Stripe as a backup processor and use Quantum (my merchant account.) I really don't want to be dependent on the payment gateway to control my auto debits. I would rather Blesta handle it on it's own.

I see the auto debit option, but it's not default. I guess that's my real question, how do I make auto debit default? Or is it not possible.

I can go into it as the customer and set auto debit on both Stripe and Quantum, but there should be a way to make this automatic.

I get what you are saying, but I want to just clarify that Blesta can or cannot (on it's own) automatically auto debit. I use Stripe as a backup processor and use Quantum (my merchant account.) I really don't want to be dependent on the payment gateway to control my auto debits. I would rather Blesta handle it on it's own.

I see the auto debit option, but it's not default. I guess that's my real question, how do I make auto debit default? Or is it not possible.

I can go into it as the customer and set auto debit on both Stripe and Quantum, but there should be a way to make this automatic.

Ah that's a feature request then mate :)

A few things need to be setup to have auto debit work:

1. Auto Debit needs to be enabled for the client (it is by default, and is togglable from the client profile page)
  2. The client must have a Payment Account (under Actions on client profile page -> Payment Accounts)
  3. One of the client's Payment Accounts must be selected for use when auto debiting (use the radio button next to a payment account to select it, then click to Use for Auto Debit. The client can do this as well)
  4. There should be no Passphrase set under [settings] -> [Company] -> [General] -> [Encryption].
  5. The Auto Debit task must be Enabled under [settings] -> [Company] -> [Automation].
  6. You need to have setup a cron job on your server for use with Blesta
  7. Auto Debit will run following the settings under [settings] -> [Company] -> [billing/Payment] -> [invoice and Charge Options]. If the client group overrides the company settings, then you can edit the client group to set them instead.