Cpanel Username Or Password Not Changing

S.H.

A customer has an existing service for a web hosting account with the Cpanel module. From the admin side if I click manage I am unable to modify the username or password.

With "Use module" ticked: it gives a "Permission Denied" error.

With "Use module" unticked: it says "The service was successfully updated." but nothing changes, it stays the same as it was.

Is there a fix for this?

Permission Denied means that the information that is currently saved in the cpanel module does not match what is actually on the cpanel account on the server. (or that your whm login credentials/remote key are not working)

Update it manually on the server via WHM to match what you saved in Blesta and then it should work.

I think that data only updates when Use Module is checked. It probably should do it either way, though.

Daniel probably has it right with your Permission Denied error. You should check your account permissions to ensure your user is granted the "modifyacct" and "passwd" API actions if it is more than a login credentials issue.

The remote key is correct. I generated a new key just in case and saved it into Blesta. The thing is that the information should update if "use module" is unticked because then it should be modifying data in Blesta's database only. When "use module" is unticked it gives a success message but nothing changes so it seems like a bug to me.

I just tried it with another server in the Blesta Cpanel module and it does not work for the second server either.

I think I may have included too much information and now the focus is on the wrong thing. Just to clarify, the situation remains that I want to update the username and password stored in the Blesta database and not make any changes to the Cpanel account on the hosting server. With "Use module" ticked: it gives a "Permission Denied" error, this is expected and it's the correct response because the username in Blesta is unknown to WHM and it's not possible for the Cpanel module in Blesta to change a username it cannot find in WHM.

With "Use module" unticked: it says "The service was successfully updated." but nothing changes, it stays the same as it was. This is the part that is bugged out because it gives a success message but the user/pw records remain unchanged. I need to be able to correct the username and password stored in the Blesta db so that it matches the actual Cpanel account on the host server.

Can anyone else try this to let me know if it works for you on v3.2.0?