How Do I Change Extras ?

kikloo

Question

Hi,

I added a service for client now that client wants a Dedicated IP address. I added that as an option in Packages, but how do I add and charge it to my client ?

If I try to edit the service I added earlier (as the IP is linked to it) then i do not see the dedicated IP option. I also do not see any other way to charge it.

Thanks.

14 answers to this question

Add a configurable option group called say "Dedicated Servers", then add a configurable option for dedicated IPs. Assign the configurable option group to the package. After that, the option will be available when editing the service, and when clients place new orders for that package.

See http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Creating+Configurable+Options

Hi,

No its not available when I am editing. I did exactly as you said, I added an Option Group, then I added an option, made that option member of the group. And then in service package I choose that option group as member group for the package. But it does'nt shows up at all while editing the service.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have followed the document again and done steps exactly as it says but still the options are not coming. :(

A addon dropdown only appears (which does NOT have the option) when I create the group using Packages > Groups > Create Group > And Choose Type as Add-On

Obviously there's something wrong. Please check and clarify.

Thanks.

What currency, period, and term is your package configured for? The currency, period, and term must match exactly or the option won't be offered.

Yes, based on the configurable option pricing, it will only appear if the customer orders the package for 1 year in USD. If the customer may order in other terms (ie 1 month), then you should click that "Add" link in the configurable option to add additional prices for those terms.

Hi,

The service package is specified in INR for 1 year.

Earlier I was adding the addon as USD for 1 year but now I changed USD to INR but its still not showing when I edit.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

I'm happy to take a look at your install if you want to PM or email me login details, and advise the package ID in question and configurable option in question.