Domain Registration Order Form & Currencies

Shyuan

Hi devs,

I believe these are bugs, after had a discussion with Mike.

Since they all come together, so I put them in one thread because it's hard for me to split them into different thread. There will be two scenarios here.

Scenario 1:

Assuming I sell only domain names (no hosting packages or whatsoever)

1. Set up a package group called Domain Package Group
  2. Create a Package to sell only .com and assign to Domain Package Group and fill in all necessary info
  3. Create an Order Form, choose "Domain and Other" for the Type. Choose Ajax Boxes. Tick multiple currencies. And fill in all other necessary info
  4. Go to this order form as client, once a domain is shown as available, there's no way for client to choose other currencies (Bug 1)
  5. Click Order Selected > nameservers page > Click Continue
  6. You will see empty "Package Selection" page, not even a "Show Cart" button, stuck at this page without able to go anywhere (Bug 2). At least for Wizard Boxes there's a "Show Cart" button to leave the empty page.

In this scenario, I would expect client to be able to choose currencies since I've enabled other currencies for this order form.

In this scenario, I would expect not to see the empty "Package Selection" page since I sell domain only

Note: Not being able to choose other currencies on domain search page happens to both sell "domain only" (Scenario 1) and "domain then hosting package" (Scenario 2).

Scenario 2:

(Bug 3) Assuming I am buying "domain and hosting package" in another order form. Search for a domain and get one that is available. (domain search page doesn't allow me to choose other currency, hence I have to choose the default price and its currency). So when I go to next stage (selecting hosting package), if I choose other currency than the default one, the whole thing won't change to the selected currency, because it's stuck with the default currency where the cart remembers because I assume the default currency is indirectly "selected" on the domain registration page since there's no way to choose other currency.

All the bugs seem to relate each other, I apologise if this is long winded but I've tried my best making sense out of it. Let me know if you guys need to know more info about this. Or I can send you my link via PM to see for yourself what I meant with. Thank you :)

agree http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2648-sell-domains-separately-without-hosting/ i made this ticket on may :) about selling just domains, i think this is very critical for blesta to fix or modify :) in next version hope for 3.3 or before :)

thank you.

Yep in fact I commented on your thread earlier on :P but since mine involve currency issue so I've had to open a new thread.

I can tell you that the new Domain Manager system will show after the 3.3 release :)

We are testing also a new way to Regist/Renew/Transfer domains :)

One of our main core buisness is Domains and so we are doing everithing we can to help us all ;)

- Diferent Prices for diferet types (Regist, Transfer, Renew)

- Manage DNS Entries

- Manage Email Fowarding

- Better Transfer Handelling

- Better Domain Order Form

this are some of the thing we are testing in this moment with the folowing modules:

eNom

Internet.BS

LogicBoxes

Please tell them to add opensrs registry(OpenHRS) like LogicBoxes module also.

- Different Prices for different types (Register, Transfer, Renew + restore) cost too restore not allow by any billing system in market. Blesta can take advantage on it.

Thank you

I can tell you that the new Domain Manager system will show after the 3.3 release :)

We are testing also a new way to Regist/Renew/Transfer domains :)

One of our main core buisness is Domains and so we are doing everithing we can to help us all ;)

- Different Prices for diferet types (Regist, Transfer, Renew)

- Manage DNS Entries

- Manage Email Fowarding

- Better Transfer Handelling

- Better Domain Order Form

this are some of the thing we are testing in this moment with the folowing modules:

eNom

Internet.BS

LogicBoxes