Possible Ver 2 Mysql Db; Will It Work With Blesta Ver 3.2.2

stanusj

Question

Hello there.

Our files on our server were wiped out, leaving the database for Blesta. We are thinking that the version of Blesta was most likely ver 2+

My question is this, since I am not sure which version, can we install Blesta ver 3.2.2 and will it link with the old DB >?

18 answers to this question

well, I tried, and the error i get is as follows:

The actual database username is neweastb_blesta1, and I tried both.

SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'blesta1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) on line 267 in /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/lib/model.php 

Printing Stack Trace:
#0 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/lib/model.php(278): Model->makeConnection()
#1 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/lib/model.php(117): Model->lazyConnect()
#2 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/components/record/record.php(655): Model->query('SELECT `value` ...', Array)
#3 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/components/session/session.php(233): Record->fetch()
#4 [internal function]: Session->sessionSelect('df1d32b9dd2a060...')
#5 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/components/session/session.php(170): session_start()
#6 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/components/session/session.php(37): Session->sessionSet(1800, 'sessions', 'id', 'expire', 'value', 'blesta_sid')
#7 [internal function]: Session->__construct()
#8 [internal function]: ReflectionClass->newInstance()
#9 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/lib/loader.php(211): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/lib/loader.php(85): Loader::loadAndInitialize(Object(AdminMain), 'component', Array)
#11 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/lib/controller.php(117): Loader::loadComponents(Object(AdminMain), Array)
#12 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/app/app_controller.php(0): Controller->components()
#13 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/app/controllers/admin_main.php(34): AppController->preAction()
#14 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/lib/dispatcher.php(102): AdminMain->preAction()
#15 /home/neweastb/public_html/blesta/index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/blesta/admin/')
#16 {main}

The only file I updated to try and point to our OLD DB is blesta.php

Configure::set("Blesta.database_info", array(

'driver' => "mysql",
'host' => "localhost",
//'port' => "8889",
'database' => "neweastb_blesta-db1",
'user' => "blesta1",
'pass' => "kL$cb!Vd^&H8",
'persistent' => false,
'charset_query' => "SET NAMES 'utf8'",
'options' => array()
)
);

The original file (blesta.php) looks like this:

Configure::set("Blesta.database_info", array(

'driver' => "mysql",
'host' => "localhost",
//'port' => "8889",
'database' => "neweastb_temp1",
'user' => "neweastb",
'pass' => "M4d0!Nr1Rk",
'persistent' => false,
'charset_query' => "SET NAMES 'utf8'",
'options' => array()
)
);

Thanks @Licensecart, but where can I find this AES Key?

The only closest thing I found is this

// The value used to generate the 256-bit AES key using HMAC SHA-256

// NEVER MODIFY THIS VALUE OR ALL ENCRYPTED DATA WILL BE LOST!
Configure::set("Blesta.system_key", 'a series of 64 numbers here');

Sigh! yes, I do not have any files left. Is there a work around?

You'll need to wait for Paul, Tyson and Cody sorry mate, I don't believe the AES Key is stored anywhere or if there's a special way Blesta guys can find out by decrypting. Has your webhost got a backup handy? or do you have a old backup, the AES Key doesn't change.

ok, I managed to find an old backup on my local disk (the backup on site5 is corrupt, that is why I cannot restore).. the import started to work, but got the following error message (BTW, I used the manual mapping of services)

SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: number of bound variables does not match number of tokens

ok, I managed to find an old backup on my local disk (the backup on site5 is corrupt, that is why I cannot restore).. the import started to work, but got the following error message (BTW, I used the manual mapping of services)

Try the auto mapping I've not came accross that error before. That looks like something is mucked up in the import file. :S weird: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11489714/sqlstatehy093-invalid-parameter-number-number-of-bound-variables-does-not-ma

Are you using 3.2.2?

Weird, I tried automapping, and the error is exactly the same:

The article on stackoverflow is well above my pay grade!

Ok do what I tried, since your using the Blesta 2.5 try this.

Fresh install Blesta 3.0.0 (I Imported in Beta 7) and import over, then upgrade to 3.2.2

If you were using Blesta v2.5, you can simply download the v2.5 files and upload them to your server, just to get back up and running. You will need the old Blesta config from your backup. After that, you can perform the migration to v3.2.

Also, you should at least change your database users' passwords, since you shared them in the first few posts of this thread.

I'm afraid the OP may have lost the original blesta 2.x config.php. If so, I believe the import can still be performed, but none of the credit card details will be imported properly. Without that key, the credit card details are unrecoverable. 

Oh yeah that's what its for :) I forgot woops.