Ability To Translate Package Name

interfasys

That's a confusing request mate.

Basic package = English

बुनियादी पैकेज or Buniyādī paikēja = Hindi

Now if someone opened a ticket and talking about "बुनियादी पैकेज" I would be confused to high heavens I think many people would be too. if it's universal everyone know's what package you are talking about and can help people faster.

It would be confusing to me, but not for someone in my team. We wouldn't name a package in a language nobody in the company understands. Besides, it would probably look like this: Directadmin Pro होस्टिंग , so it would be recognisable. It's just some of the extra words which usually need to be translated.

And there is also a solution for the problem you've mentioned: to make it possible to open tickets about services.

The problem with package translations gets even worse with the universal module where we can sell all sorts of services and have custom fields asking important questions. It's never great when your invoice is full of lines you only understand half of, if the customer even buys anything.

It would be confusing to me, but not for someone in my team. We wouldn't name a package in a language nobody in the company understands. Besides, it would probably look like this: Directadmin Pro होस्टिंग , so it would be recognisable. It's just some of the extra words which usually need to be translated.

And there is also a solution for the problem you've mentioned: to make it possible to open tickets about services.

The problem with package translations gets even worse with the universal module where we can sell all sorts of services and have custom fields asking important questions. It's never great when your invoice is full of lines you only understand half of, if the customer even buys anything.

Maybe with a dash so for two languages not more :)

• 1 month later...

+1

As always, internationalization is a pain in the ass for dev people ;) Blesta has a lot of feature where we would be happy to find language string and/or internal translation process:

Universal module as above, but also:

- package description (textarea editor) !! Very important for front website! I wonder why there's no language tabs as for "welcome email" below in the same page...

- group name (label)

- package option group description (textarea)

- option label & option display name