Statistics Not Showing Un User Control Panel

wfitg

Question

13 answers to this question

Blesta relates to cPanel/WHM on the basis of the cPanel username. The cPanel password is irrelevant for API requests. If there are any problems with communication for a cPanel service and the cPanel server, the first thing to check is that the username is correct. It can be updated by clicking Manage for the service, and setting the correct username. Be sure to uncheck "Use Module", unless you are trying to change an already correct username.

I found the problem.

When manually creating a pre-existing user that already has a cpanel account make sure that you use the exact same user name and password that was used to create the cpanel account. In other words, Blesta logs in as the user so you must use their cpanel user name and password to make the connectin.

Blesta wants to automatically fill these values in.

When Blesta does fill them in just change them to the existing user's cpanel name and pass.

The stats will then show up in the users account and the connection between the new blesta account and the existing cpanel account will be made. This is a small detail but important nonetheless.

I'm suprised that this connection is made using only the uers cpanel name and pass. Could this be a security issue? I don't know. Maybe someone at Blesta can fill us in.

wow. Hope this helps others out there when migrating their existing cpanel users.

I found the problem.

When manually creating a pre-existing user that already has a cpanel account make sure that you use the exact same user name and password that was used to create the cpanel account. In other words, Blesta logs in as the user so you must use their cpanel user name and password to make the connectin.

Blesta wants to automatically fill these values in.

When Blesta does fill them in just change them to the existing user's cpanel name and pass.

The stats will then show up in the users account and the connection between the new blesta account and the existing cpanel account will be made. This is a small detail but important nonetheless.

I'm suprised that this connection is made using only the uers cpanel name and pass. Could this be a security issue? I don't know. Maybe someone at Blesta can fill us in.

wow. Hope this helps others out there when migrating their existing cpanel users.

are you sur blesta fetch the statistics with username/password of accounts ?

i'm sur blesta use the username and Remote Key of the module cpanel .

what is need when you add account in blesta , the username should be the same as the used in cpanel server .

the password account is needed only to use the login option or to show it to the client in service info .

are you sur blesta fetch the statistics with username/password of accounts ?

i'm sur blesta use the username and Remote Key of the module cpanel .

what is need when you add account in blesta , the username should be the same as the used in cpanel server .

the password account is needed only to use the login option or to show it to the client in service info .

I am manually creating accounts. These were cpanel accounts that I had before Blesta.

Blesta wants to assign a user name and password.... but if you enter the existing user name and pass, or change the Blesta user name and pass to the old user name and and pass the stats will show up in the user's blesta control panel.

I am manually creating accounts. These were cpanel accounts that I had before Blesta.

Blesta wants to assign a user name and password.... but if you enter the existing user name and pass, or change the Blesta user name and pass to the old user name and and pass the stats will show up in the user's blesta control panel.

what you need is equal username .

cpanel blesta username = cpanel acount username .

if the pasword is not equal , that has no impact to the statistique tab or other tabs .

what you need is equal username .

cpanel blesta username = cpanel acount username .

if the pasword is not equal , that has no impact to the statistique tab or other tabs .

When I changed the Blesta generated user name and password to the user's old cpanel user name and password the stats began to show up. I have no way of knowing if changing only the user name would have worked because I changed both. And it worked.

So I suppose the next time this comes up we can try to change only the Blesta generated user name. If the stats show up then we know changing the cpanel pass is not necessary.

When I changed the Blesta generated user name and password to the user's old cpanel user name and password the stats began to show up. I have no way of knowing if changing only the user name would have worked because I changed both. And it worked.

So I suppose the next time this comes up we can try to change only the Blesta generated user name. If the stats show up then we know changing the cpanel pass is not necessary.

is tested and tested and tested by me .

you can test by a simple way , goto cpanel , change the password for the account , and test .

Excellent. Only the user's existing cpanel user name is needed. The rest is handled by API.

But wouldn't requiring the existing cpanel name make it difficult to write a mass import module of existing cpanel users? Why not make the connection using the user's email instead?

is tested and tested and tested by me .

you can test by a simple way , goto cpanel , change the password for the account , and test .

I do not want to test on an existing user's account because that will change their FTP pass Email pass too. I will take your word that you know.