Multicraft Addon - Configurable Options

JadonM

Question

Hello,

After a few hours of trying, looking around and asking someone else to take a look I've decided to come back to the forums for help with this. We are planning to sell Minecraft Servers to begin with and expand from there, so we installed the Multicraft addon. The lovely feature of this is, you can set it up (that I have understood) so they can choose to have something like Unlimited Slots and it'll do it automatically, providing they tick the box. I didn't see a way to do this with the normal slot count (if there is a way, let me know).

Anyway, we did that and have a check box with a little bold bit of text that reads "Minecraft Server Options". However, we cannot add any more things to this, so it's simply just that and if we want more we'd have to make another one. This will look messy and unprofessional as it would be like the following..

Minecraft Server Options 

[CHECKBOX] Unlimited Slots (£0.00)

Buycraft 

[CHECKBOX] BuyCraft Trial (£0.00)

Enjin 

[CHECKBOX] Enjn Trial (£0.00)

Ideally we want them all under 'Minecraft Server Options' and if BuyCraft/Enjin is ticked they will get an email with the link for the trial - which is something (if possible) I will need to figure out. Is it possible to have multiple things under the same checkbox and do this? As I cannot see a single way to do this currently, which is rather frustrating. 

By choosing Radio or Drop-down for the 'Type' I get a button "Add Additional Option". However, with Checkbox, the one I want to use for this, it doesn't work. I want them to be able to select as many addons as they wish, without having to have it looking like the example above as that makes it look a bit messy. It would be nice, if within the 'Update Package Option' you can add more options within the same 'Minecraft Server Options' (in this case). 

So you could have different checkboxes do different things, one set Unlimited Slots in Multicraft, one send an email for a trial link and so on. I'm aware there is an 'Add' button but I'm not sure what this does, it certainly doesn't allow me to add what I want with additional checkboxes. This is quite an annoying thing and I'm hoping there is a way around this or something like I'm suggesting can be implemented rather soon. 

Hopefully I've described this to make sense, but if its confusing in parts, let me know and I will try to explain better my aim with this.

You could move the 'Label' and 'Type' to be with each other in 'Basic' and then 'Name' would go in 'Options'. Though, that could get confusing as there is two 'Name'(s) so one may need to be re-phrased to avoid confusion. Then you could have the option to 'Add Additional Option' and it will create a new box-area where you can input the details for the next addon. 

Below is an image of what I am trying to explain here, which hopefully puts what I am saying into a picture to make it easier to understand. 

cdfe3526c4e83f9c00570b286e4c7e73.png

15 answers to this question

I think you need to revise the way you label each config option. Each one refers to a single option, which may have multiple values, but you seem to expect it to describe multiple options with multiple values.

When displayed on an order form, the config options are already placed under a heading for "Configuration" of the service, so the label you enter should describe the single config option itself.

Consider an example of 3 config options:

1. Label: "Server Memory"
    Name: "memory"
    Type: "Drop-down"
    Option 1 Name: 1 GB
    Option 1 Value: 1024
    Option 1 Price: 0.00
    Option 2 Name: 2 GB
    Option 2 Value: 2048
    Option 2 Price: 5.00

2. Label: "Server Type"
    Name: "jarfile"
    Option 1 Name: Default
    Option 1 Value: default
    Option 2 Name: Craftbukkit
    Option 2 Value: craftbukkit.jar
    Option 2 Price: 2.50

3. Label: "Set Your Own Player Limit"
    Name: "user_players"
    Type: "Checkbox"
    Option 1 Name: Yes
    Option 1 Value: 1
    Option 1 Price: 10.00

Result will display something to the effect of:

Server Memory
[1 GB ($0.00)]
[2 GB ($5.00)]

Server Type

[Default ($0.00)]

[Craftbukkit ($2.50)]

Set Your Own Player Limit

[ ] Yes ($10.00)

I think you need to revise the way you label each config option. Each one refers to a single option, which may have multiple values, but you seem to expect it to describe multiple options with multiple values.

When displayed on an order form, the config options are already placed under a heading for "Configuration" of the service, so the label you enter should describe the single config option itself.

Consider an example of 3 config options:

1. Label: "Server Memory"

Name: "memory"

Option 1 Name: 1 GB

Option 1 Value: 1024

Option 2 Name: 2 GB

Option 2 Value: 2048

Option 2 Price: 5.00

2. Label: "Server Type"

Name: "jarfile"

Option 1 Name: Default

Option 1 Value: default

Option 2 Name: Craftbukkit

Option 2 Value: craftbukkit.jar

Option 2 Price: 2.50

3. Label: "Set Your Own Player Limit"

Name: "user_players"

Type: "Checkbox"

Option 1 Name: Yes

Option 1 Value: 1

Option 1 Price: 10.00

Result will display something to the effect of:

Server Memory

[1 GB ($0.00)]

[2 GB ($5.00)]

Server Type

[Default ($0.00)]

[Craftbukkit ($2.50)]

[ ] Yes ($10.00)

This is all done via the plans and everything, not the configurable options there. Memory etc is done plan by plan and I have already set up a test plan. However, I want to be able to have addons like this but it seems to all be coming out one by one which is a bit messy.

This is all done via the plans and everything, not the configurable options there. Memory etc is done plan by plan and I have already set up a test plan. However, I want to be able to have addons like this but it seems to all be coming out one by one which is a bit messy.

Sounds like you may have skimmed over my post. Config options can override some of the package fields you have set, but that's not relevant to your original post, which asked how to setup the config options under the same "Multicraft Server Options" heading, which you have set on the config option in your example. A config option describes only one field, like "Unlimited Slots" in your screenshot. You don't set "Unlimited Slots" and "Enjin Trial" on the same config option. Those are two separate config options.

Sounds like you may have skimmed over my post. Config options can override some of the package fields you have set, but that's not relevant to your original post, which asked how to setup the config options under the same "Multicraft Server Options" heading, which you have set on the config option in your example. A config option describes only one field, like "Unlimited Slots" in your screenshot. You don't set "Unlimited Slots" and "Enjin Trial" on the same config option. Those are two separate config options.

Apologies, I'm not sure how I am supposed to do this? 

You need to setup multiple config options, and set a label for each one. Re-reading your OP, it sounds a little more like you want the values of multiple options listed, with only 1 label for "Multicraft Server Options", which is not possible--each config option needs its own label.

So you can consider re-labeling your config options from:

Minecraft Server Options 

[CHECKBOX] Unlimited Slots (£0.00)

Buycraft 

[CHECKBOX] BuyCraft Trial (£0.00)

Enjin 

[CHECKBOX] Enjn Trial (£0.00)

To

[CHECKBOX] Yes (£0.00)

Start a Buycraft Trial

[CHECKBOX] Yes (£0.00)

Start an Enjin Trial

[CHECKBOX] Yes (£0.00)

You need to setup multiple config options, and set a label for each one. Re-reading your OP, it sounds a little more like you want the values of multiple options listed, with only 1 label for "Multicraft Server Options", which is not possible--each config option needs its own label.

So you can consider re-labeling your config options from:

To

[CHECKBOX] Yes (£0.00)

Start a Buycraft Trial

[CHECKBOX] Yes (£0.00)

Start an Enjin Trial

[CHECKBOX] Yes (£0.00)

Okay, given its not possible, I will do it like that. Nice wording! Any chance this will be added in?

You can create a feature request for it, but we currently have no plans to list config options without showing a label for them. I would think most people would want to describe the option in the label rather than only in the option name, unless it were only for checkboxes. If setting a label were optional, you could have some options with labels and others without, which may be confusing for clients, as they might see something like:

Memory

[DROP-DOWN] 1 GB ($0.00)

[DROP-DOWN] 2 GB ($5.00)

[CHECKBOX] Unlimited Player Slots ($0.00)

[CHECKBOX] Buycraft Trial ($0.00)

[CHECKBOX] Enjin Trial ($0.00)

[CHECKBOX] Dedicated IP ($0.00)

[RADIO] Los Angeles ($0.00)

[RADIO] New York ($0.00)

...which is 6 separate config options

You can create a feature request for it, but we currently have no plans to list config options without showing a label for them. I would think most people would want to describe the option in the label rather than only in the option name, unless it were only for checkboxes. If setting a label were optional, you could have some options with labels and others without, which may be confusing for clients, as they might see something like:

Memory

[DROP-DOWN] 1 GB ($0.00)

[DROP-DOWN] 2 GB ($5.00)

[CHECKBOX] Unlimited Player Slots ($0.00)

[CHECKBOX] Buycraft Trial ($0.00)

[CHECKBOX] Enjin Trial ($0.00)

[CHECKBOX] Dedicated IP ($0.00)

[RADIO] Los Angeles ($0.00)

[RADIO] New York ($0.00)

...which is 6 separate config options

That's true. Is there a way to set one up (when checked) to send an email?

That's true. Is there a way to set one up (when checked) to send an email?

No, there is no email that can be sent based on config option values. What are you trying to do?

You could update the package welcome email with conditions to check if your config option is set, and add additional email content there, which will be sent to the customer on service creation.

No, there is no email that can be sent based on config option values. What are you trying to do?

You could update the package welcome email with conditions to check if your config option is set, and add additional email content there, which will be sent to the customer on service creation.

When selected we want to send a separate email with the trial. Would love this sort of thing to get added where you can link it up to an email if selected.

Also, is there any way to lock them in place? Currently we have three but the order of them seems to move around everytime I refresh. Pretty annoying, we'd like to be able to "lock" them into a set order rather than having them display differently each time.

Config options should display in the order they are set. Go to Packages > Options > Groups. Click to expand your configurable option group to display all the options. Hover over and you'll see an icon on the left of the options, you can drag and drop to sort them here into the order you prefer.

Config options should display in the order they are set. Go to Packages > Options > Groups. Click to expand your configurable option group to display all the options. Hover over and you'll see an icon on the left of the options, you can drag and drop to sort them here into the order you prefer.

How odd, they were all set in the order we wanted. I moved one up and then down and it sorted the problem. Thanks Paul!

EDIT: Any reason two of them are ticked automatically?