[Pro-Forma Invoices] Sequential Unic Numbers Without Releasing The Payed Number After Payment.

PauloV

Hello,

Since its maybe dificult to implement right now the sequential unic numbering for Pro-Forma invoices, why not use the same function as for the Support Ticket system?

For exemple insted of:

Pro-Forma 1

Pro-Forma 2

Pro-Forma 3

Generate for exemple like this:

Pro-Forma 7262425-db3d-

Pro-Forma 5675552-sh9r-

Pro-Forma 1673519-hb4d-

I think this way will be unick and impossible to see duplicates if we also add in the function the php date(Date + time)  wen generatin the invoice number + hash

;)

Please read this: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3313-pro-forma-invoices-random-number-hash-like-on-support-tickets/#entry24385

Edited by PauloV

I find it a little funny you created a thread about pro forma invoices not being sequential and now suggest using random (non-sequential) pro forma numbers. :lol:

The invoice numbers will have to be sequential. Currently, they meet that requirement, but it just may be difficult for users to find and reference some particular pro forma invoices over time. I think the best solution will have to simply be to not reuse them.

I find it a little funny you created a thread about pro forma invoices not being sequential and now suggest using random (non-sequential) pro forma numbers. :lol:

The invoice numbers will have to be sequential. Currently, they meet that requirement, but it just may be difficult for users to find and reference some particular pro forma invoices over time. I think the best solution will have to simply be to not reuse them.

lol, let me refrase that :P

Pro-Forma invoices are documents with no legall mather, but for tracking propose they are better to see them as "unic" and for that reason I have said the default Blesta 3.3-b1 creates the same numbering for new orders wen that slot is available, so they are repeted and so not sequential in Emails to clients and Logs on Blesta that is dificult to track what is what :)

Wen Paul said in that thread the is not an easy fix, I have to think out of the box for solutions :)

One dirty solution is to use blesta "EVENTS" anouther more complex but real solution is "RANDOM but UNIC numbers", that dosent repet on Emails and Logs wen Pro-Forma invoices are generated :)

But maybe (i didnt have time to peak the code) its more easy to only be sequential like paid invoices :)

;)

Sorry to bring this up again, but random unic numbers  + hash are not a great suggestion after all :)

I have today a meeting to one of our partners in our company and he said one think that is right :)

For exemple if some one call us to check a Pro-Forma invoice, he have to spell a ramdom number  with letters and this take more time than a regular continuing number :)

So Im going to change my first post to only suggest the continuing unic number without any free released number filled again :)