Delete Staff Accounts?

JadonM

Question

It seems that I can only 'deactivate' staff accounts - which is a bit worrying. I made someone an account to test a few things and see if they could figure out how to do some stuff for me and then I wanted to remove it but I can only 'deactivate' it. This seems a bit unsafe and ideally I want to completely remove his account from the system. 

Is there a way to do this? Couldn't find anything by looking online. :/

9 answers to this question

As I said, to test things (Though, this would be the same as if you had a staff member who then left the company). It seems like it would be simple to just remove them off the system. I'm wondering if there is another way to do it..

But if they left and it's de-activated they can't get in even if they tried.. I've got a few de-activated and had no issues, you have a record as-well so in the future if they come back, just re-activate it or see who's been de-activated before you employee them again.

Staff can do things that are linked to their account. Deleting a staff member entirely could cause database errors, and you would lose potentially vital information about the user, including credit card numbers they may have accessed. It's a good idea to maintain that information, especially for PCI requirements.

Perhaps a 3rd status called "delete" which doesn't show them under Manage Staff under Active or Inactive but maintains this relationship would be good. Still, as soon as you deactivate a staff member they lose access.

Staff can do things that are linked to their account. Deleting a staff member entirely could cause database errors, and you would lose potentially vital information about the user, including credit card numbers they may have accessed. It's a good idea to maintain that information, especially for PCI requirements.

Perhaps a 3rd status called "delete" which doesn't show them under Manage Staff under Active or Inactive but maintains this relationship would be good. Still, as soon as you deactivate a staff member they lose access.

I see, if it would cause problems then its fine. Was just a bit concerned in regards to the security.