[Multi Currency] - Show A Warnining In Packages Wen Activating "use Package Pricing For New Services Only"

PauloV

Wen activating:

Settings->Compant->Currency Setup->Use Package Pricing for New Services Only

Show a Warning in Packages->Browse->Create Package/Edit that you have to setup prices in all currencies

Its very confusing for anyone, even me to remember every new install that I have to setup or disable the option "Use Package Pricing for New Services Only" to Multi Currency work correctly :)

You don't need to setup prices in every currency when "Use Package Pricing for New Services Only" is checked. This depends entirely on what you are offering customers and whether you want certain packages/terms to be available in one currency versus another.

Multi-currency is supported either way. Checking that setting will simply disable currency conversions, thus requiring that the package/term be ordered in the currency in which it is defined.

But if I select every option for Multi Currency, and also activate the "Use Package Pricing for New Services Only", wen creating an Package I have to setup every price for every currency manuualy, but if I disable "Use Package Pricing for New Services Only" it only needs the default currency to be setup

This is the third time I forget to disable "Use Package Pricing for New Services Only" and wen I start testing Multi Currency dosent work because I did not setup manually each price on each currency on the package, or disable "Use Package Pricing for New Services Only" :)

Its a bit confusing, for me anyway ;)

Its just a sugestion for new users that will face the same confusing that Im facing :)

I don't think it renders an error on the order form, but I think no prices appear because it doesn't perform any currency conversion due to that setting. You would need to make sure that the currencies you set on your order form are defined for each package.

I think it makes sense that you check your multi-currency settings when attempting to accept multiple currencies. It's always a good idea to go through and configure each setting after an installation since the default values may not be for you.

I don't think it renders an error on the order form, but I think no prices appear because it doesn't perform any currency conversion due to that setting. You would need to make sure that the currencies you set on your order form are defined for each package.

for that reason a warning or info message is suggested , so others will know that multi-curency in the order page will not work with this settings .

for that reason a warning or info message is suggested , so others will know that multi-curency in the order page will not work with this settings .

If you do that, then you might as-well add tons of warnings, everywhere and then you'll complain they are in the docs... stupid in my opinion.

+ 1

For newbies they will face alot of problems because they dont configure correctly :)

A simple Warning is very welcome to anyone that are comming for any outher billing sistem ;)

• 4 weeks later...