Best Way To Invoice A Client For A Cash Deposit?

Sam

Question

13 answers to this question

Alright, and if I do it that way, it will result in the same amount of credit showing up in for that client? Eg i want to take a deposit for 2k. Give 2k credit. Then charge 4k for services, less the deposit, so that when the customer pays the final invoice, he only pays the adjusted cost.

On the client's profile page, on the left there's Account Actions, under there is a option called Record Payment you need to use that.

Licensecart is correct, but note that it doesn't create an invoice, just adds credit to the clients account. I don't think you should ever create an invoice without providing services, you can create a receipt though.

If you just created an invoice, the payment would go towards the invoice so wouldn't be added as credit on the account.

So just to be absolutely sure - creating an invoice and marking it as paid automatically adds credit to a customer's account? Or must I manually add the credit after the invoice is paid?

add them without invoice ... also you have the system under your hand , make a test for every case :) you don't lose anything ... take our time with testing before go in production .

Licensecart is correct, but note that it doesn't create an invoice, just adds credit to the clients account. I don't think you should ever create an invoice without providing services, you can create a receipt though.

If you just created an invoice, the payment would go towards the invoice so wouldn't be added as credit on the account.

My friend, when someone sends you several thousand dollars to function as a deposit, they usually want a receipt :)