Changes In The Way Billing Works

mdjanic

I have already contacted sales, but just putting it out here so the community helps me push for it.

The majority of changes I need done are requirements for a EU Ltd business, with two requirements

being Croatian specific. 

Some of the changes have been mentioned before here, but let's me say it again:

GENERAL:

- snapshot invoice documents - address, name, etc should remain the same even if client/admin changes their details

- Invoice should have the following data:

- creation date & time

- invoice date & time (i.e. accounting date) and
  - due date
- making an invoice void or doing a refund/partial refund should generate a new invoice with negative line items,
  including proper negative vat
- payment type - invoice needs to have a payment type on it (Bank transfer, Paypal, etc)

CROATIAN:
  - have a way to generate invoice no. with the following format: #56-1-1, where obviously 56 is the number of the
invoice in a given year, and -1-1 is always the same
- generate bi-lingual invoice (say when a user downloads/gets the PDF, it needs to be in two languages/currencies, main one being HRK, and the other one being whatever (English/USD, English/EUR))

CROATIAN, but I can probably implement:
- fiscalization protocol (http://fiscalization.hr)
- using currency exchange rate from our national bank

GENERAL, but I can probably implement:
- Braintree support

I know the requirements I have take time to implement, but I like Blesta, I really do. I would like to use it for the business we have running here, but unfortunately can't at this moment. I am willing to pay to get some of these these things done, since I'd rather do that than implement the entire system from scratch.

Thanks for reading this far!

- snapshot invoice documents - address, name, etc should remain the same even if client/admin changes their details

this is under discusion and wanted from all european companies , in this thread http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3375-final-invoices-store-client-details-on-invoice/?hl=final , you can add your suggestion .

- Invoice should have the following data:

- creation date & time

- invoice date & time (i.e. accounting date) and

- due date

This already exist but just with date .

- making an invoice void or doing a refund/partial refund should generate a new invoice with negative line items,

- payment type - invoice needs to have a payment type on it (Bank transfer, Paypal, etc)

Not exist now, and this is my vote for it +1 .

CROATIAN:

- have a way to generate invoice no. with the following format: #56-1-1, where obviously 56 is the number of the

invoice in a given year, and -1-1 is always the same

this is possible in settings/company/billing/customization/ -- Invoice Customization then add {num}-1-1 .

- generate bi-lingual invoice (say when a user downloads/gets the PDF, it needs to be in two languages/currencies, main one being HRK, and the other one being whatever (English/USD, English/EUR))

CROATIAN, but I can probably implement:

- fiscalization protocol (http://fiscalization.hr)

- using currency exchange rate from our national bank

GENERAL, but I can probably implement:

- Braintree support

I know the requirements I have take time to implement, but I like Blesta, I really do. I would like to use it for the business we have running here, but unfortunately can't at this moment. I am willing to pay to get some of these these things done, since I'd rather do that than implement the entire system from scratch.

Thanks for reading this far!

as you can implement some of them yourself , feel free to share :)

I like the idea of an one-click option to create a new credit note (aka credit invoice) for the same amount as the original invoice, which essentially reverses the original invoice for accounting purposes. However, I don't believe this should be the default behavior for voiding/canceling an invoice, as I'm in a jurisdiction that will allow me to simply mark the invoice as void or canceled, unless the customer has already made a payment on it.

This is okay, as long as it only shows the payment type(s) on paid invoices. I don't want unpaid invoices to show the default payment type, because customers may choose another type at time of payment.

I like the idea of an one-click option to create a new credit note (aka credit invoice) for the same amount as the original invoice, which essentially reverses the original invoice for accounting purposes. However, I don't believe this should be the default behavior for voiding/canceling an invoice, as I'm in a jurisdiction that will allow me to simply mark the invoice as void or canceled, unless the customer has already made a payment on it.

This is okay, as long as it only shows the payment type(s) on paid invoices. I don't want unpaid invoices to show the default payment type, because customers may choose another type at time of payment.

CORE-1277 exists for Credit Notes. I don't have an ETA on this one yet, but it is planned.

CORE-1148 will display payments / credits on invoices, if enabled, and if a payment has been applied toward the invoice whether partial or in full. Tyson was working on this so it is likely to be in 3.4.

Also -- while only dates are shown on invoices, Blesta stores all dates/times in the database. So, it would be possible to display times on the invoice with some code modifications.

Also -- while only dates are shown on invoices, Blesta stores all dates/times in the database. So, it would be possible to display times on the invoice with some code modifications.

i think he talk about the core default .

what about a feature to add template PDF class generator (we can add our class generator without changing the core files) ? like the exchange_rate provider , we can select wich one to use .

i think he talk about the core default .

what about a feature to add template PDF class generator (we can add our class generator without changing the core files) ? like the exchange_rate provider , we can select wich one to use .

We are planning to support drop-in HTML invoice designs that get converted to PDF. These are simpler to make than the 2 PDF invoices we ship with Blesta as those are not simple HTML. Is that what you mean, or do you want to completely replace TCPDF with another engine?

In Hungary we need this feature as well.

Just for avoiding misunderstanding we need the following:

- the generated new invoice has to be in the sequence of the normal invoices, ie. the invoice number of the newly generated invoice (with negative amounts) should be +1 of the last generated invoice (am I clear :) )

We highly support this feature, if it was needed we'd cover a share of the development costs as well.

Thank You!

Béla