Change Text Of Cancel Options Button

Darin

I recommend changing the text of the Cancel Options button found on the client's Manage Service page to:

Cancelation Options...

post-10737-0-58669000-1413191311_thumb.p

Reason: I think the current text on the button is unclear. The first time I saw this big red button, I thought it was meant to cancel all configurable options associated with the service package. Also, in it's current form, it implies that clicking the button is the final, irrevocable action. Adding an ellipsis informs the user that they will be presented with options after clicking the button.

Anyway , You can change it from language files

That is what I have done, for now.

But I posted this as a feature request because I believe the change is better for Blesta. This proposal is not for Admins and users who are already very familiar with Blesta, it is for customers who are seeing that page for the first time. I always try to look at things from the perspective of the end user, which in this case is the customer. It is my opinion that the current button is potentially confusing, causing some customers to think that clicking the button will cancel their package options rather than showing them the available cancelation options.

That is what I have done, for now.

But I posted this as a feature request because I believe the change is better for Blesta. This proposal is not for Admins and users who are already very familiar with Blesta, it is for customers who are seeing that page for the first time. I always try to look at things from the perspective of the end user, which in this case is the customer. It is my opinion that the current button is potentially confusing, causing some customers to think that clicking the button will cancel their package options rather than showing them the available cancelation options.

Why would someone think it was their package options and not the package? To someone with common sense, they'd think it was to cancel their package to be honest with you, not their options. If it was a cancel button on the addon's manage page yes that would be common sense to cancel the addon but not the package.

Why would someone think it was their package options and not the package? To someone with common sense, they'd think it was to cancel their package to be honest with you, not their options. If it was a cancel button on the addon's manage page yes that would be common sense to cancel the addon but not the package.

Well, I guess I have no common sense :P because the first time I saw it, I thought "Cancel Options" meant "Cancel my options". Thankfully, I have the luxury to test what happens when I click the button, but my customers do not.

Perhaps it's a grammar thing. I believe that if the word "options" is to remain on the button, then "Cancelation Options..." (with or without the ellipsis) conveys a more accurate meaning.

However, I actually like your first comment about how the button on most systems would simply state "Cancel..." I would support this change.

It's called Cancellation Options because you can do more than just cancel the service, you can schedule it to be canceled at the end of the term, and even stop it from being cancelled if you previously scheduled it to be cancelled but later changed your mind. "Cancellation Options" may not be the best term to describe that, but "Cancel" would be misleading for the above mentioned reasons.

It's called Cancellation Options because you can do more than just cancel the service, you can schedule it to be canceled at the end of the term, and even stop it from being cancelled if you previously scheduled it to be cancelled but later changed your mind. "Cancellation Options" may not be the best term to describe that, but "Cancel" would be misleading for the above mentioned reasons.

Except that it isn't currently called "Cancellation Options", it's called "Cancel Options".

I do see your point about "Cancel", though.

My original request was to change the button to "Cancellation Options", because I think that "Cancel Options" implies "cancel the options".

Edit:

By way of illustration:

Cancel Package = cancel the package

Cancel Service = cancel the service

logically, then

Cancel Options = cancel the options

This is why I'm advocating to change the button text to "Cancellation Options"

Except that it isn't currently called "Cancellation Options", it's called "Cancel Options". And I do see your point about "Cancel".

My original request was to change the button to "Cancellation Options", because I think that "Cancel Options" implies "cancel the options".

I see what you're saying, that makes sense.