Hostbill Joke

HIGGINS

Yeah, but when you bought it for $200 it wasn't a bad deal at that time.

The software is still good but the team around it...

I paid $500 plus $100 for ipam. Which turned out to be buggy as hell and unusable. Since there is no support unless you pay I moved on.

The software isn't good, but it has potential. But I wouldn't care if the software was rock solid, with customer service in the can, and Hostbill breaking laws, it's a waste of investment.

Apparently HB licenses are selling for around $50 - $100 on hostbillforums.  I'd be furious if I was one of the suckers who paid $999 a few weeks ago -- now it's worth 95% less!

Agreed, their only saving grace is their order forms.  Speaking of, how are the new Blesta order forms coming along?  Any sneak previews?

Apparently HB licenses are selling for around $50 - $100 on hostbillforums.  I'd be furious if I was one of the suckers who paid $999 a few weeks ago -- now it's worth 95% less!

Agreed, their only saving grace is their order forms.  Speaking of, how are the new Blesta order forms coming along?  Any sneak previews?

Nothing to see yet, additional order templates will likely be coming post release, starting with 3.1.

Where?

I don't wanna think of the money, time and effort I've invested in Hostbill.

Or Ubersmith for that matter. 

I still get angry thinking about WHMCS doing a custom module for me back in the day. 

Then there is the disaster that was modernbill.

Billing & automation systems have been our biggest limitation in the 13 years we've been doing this. Honestly, excel and simply accounting was probably the most reliable...

I don't wanna think of the money, time and effort I've invested in Hostbill.

Or Ubersmith for that matter. 

I still get angry thinking about WHMCS doing a custom module for me back in the day. 

Then there is the disaster that was modernbill.

Billing & automation systems have been our biggest limitation in the 13 years we've been doing this. Honestly, excel and simply accounting was probably the most reliable...

There definitely hasn't been enough love from hosting billing vendors in the past decade. Hopefully we can change that and shake things up a bit.

Well so far, Blesta has given us the best initial impression of any billing system we've used. We managed to code up our own merchant gateway without much issue. The 2 bugs we found were fixed the same day they were reported.

I also love the level of interaction here in the forums.

Hey thanks! Glad to hear you were able to get familiar with the gateway system so quickly too.

• 4 weeks later...

Do not make comparisons, HostBill well worth that price.

Believe that whoever buys it will not use HB for Hosting shared. It's all very advanced, I could compare the HostBill to UberSmith. See prices Ubersmith, and then you say what you think.

We use HB, we were launching a new website that were wondering Blesta use, but the lack of Modules for dedicated servers, prevents us.

We believe that this module will appear, but we also believe that it will take a few years to happen. So we are thinking of another license HB.

hug

Do not make comparisons, HostBill well worth that price.

Believe that whoever buys it will not use HB for Hosting shared. It's all very advanced, I could compare the HostBill to UberSmith. See prices Ubersmith, and then you say what you think.

We use HB, we were launching a new website that were wondering Blesta use, but the lack of Modules for dedicated servers, prevents us.

We believe that this module will appear, but we also believe that it will take a few years to happen. So we are thinking of another license HB.

hug

not worth it when you have to pay for all the plugins and support, oh and to report bugs.

not worth it when you have to pay for all the plugins and support, oh and to report bugs.

You use or used HB?

It's not fair when speaking ill of one of the best billing systems.
It's expensive, yes we all know, but if you want to will have to pay.
It's like a car, you can have a Renault, but if want to have a Mercedes, you'll have to pay much more.
We really like Blesta, but why we'll use Blesta if we do not have the required modules?

Just seems strange, it is because no one speaks of Ubersmith? much more expensive than HB, but however is preferred of the large enterprises.

You use or used HB?

It's not fair when speaking ill of one of the best billing systems.
It's expensive, yes we all know, but if you want to will have to pay.
It's like a car, you can have a Renault, but if want to have a Mercedes, you'll have to pay much more.
We really like Blesta, but why we'll use Blesta if we do not have the required modules?

Just seems strange, it is because no one speaks of Ubersmith? much more expensive than HB, but however is preferred of the large enterprises.

Nope, I refuse to pay that company money to keep on changing prices, packages etc. You wouldn't buy a car which was €34,000 and in a few days went up-to €50,000 and you save just that up and then bam it's now for sale for €75,000 without the main features but if you want them you have to pay a extra €4,000 per feature? 

You are within your rights to refuse, because you have more options to choose from.

You only buy what you want.

Believe that, a large company do not mind paying to have the need.

Yep they will until that one man band leaves and no-one can continue it, oh and when there's a bug/exploit.. people don't report it because of the $75 fee per ticket.