Domains Not Showing All Currencies

alleyoopster

Question

I use a base currency of ZAR, but I want to base most of domain prices on USD as it is what they are purchased in. The Rand (ZAR) can move up and down a lot and I could be way out of line if I don't keep a check on the exchange rate. Testing this setup with a cPanel package works well. The package prices convert from USD to whatever currency I use. When I create an Order form for domains I only get USD and not a choice of any other currencies.

I am entering just the USD as a domain price and nothing else and expect the others to convert. The currency settings have use package pricing off, the default currency is ZAR.

This is a shot of the domain order form

thanks

24 answers to this question

Yeah sorry, I probably could have worded it better.

The domain package has 1 term which is 1 year $12 USD. I would like the rates for the other currencies to display or at least the clients prefered currency to display on the order form. So the $12 would convert for EUR, GBP and ZAR as per current rates.

Yes I have Allow Client to Set Currency checked and I have all three currencies checked at the bottom of the order page.

Yeah sorry, I probably could have worded it better.

The domain package has 1 term which is 1 year $12 USD. I would like the rates for the other currencies to display or at least the clients prefered currency to display on the order form. So the $12 would convert for EUR, GBP and ZAR as per current rates.

Yes I have Allow Client to Set Currency checked and I have all three currencies checked at the bottom of the order page.

Ok go to Settings > Company > Currencies > Currencies set-up:

General: Check: Allow Client to Set Currency

Multi-Currency: Uncheck Use Package Pricing for New Services Only

I'm not sure I understand the issue as you've described it. Are you expecting the domain availability page to list every currency in the drop-down, even when the package only defines one? Or that there would be a separate Currency drop-down at the top of the page that can be selected, which would update the pricing in the other drop-downs accordingly?

There isn't a way to change currency on the domain availability page, besides selecting one of the pricing options defined by the domain package.

Or that there would be a separate Currency drop-down at the top of the page that can be selected, which would update the pricing in the other drop-downs accordingly?

That one mate :) he and I both have the visitor can select a currency but nothing shows up on the domain order form so it stays in USD.

That one mate :) he and I both have the visitor can select a currency but nothing shows up on the domain order form so it stays in USD.

That might be a good feature request. I'm not sure that order form was intended to support changing currency from the domain step, but it seems like it'd make sense.

Another thing I have just noticed is that if multiple packages are used and their respective TLD's are selected on the Domain Order form, the default currencies can all vary depending on the order of the terms set out in the package. This is messy and I would expect them all to be in the same currency.

Notice on the screen shot how some domains are in ZAR and others are in GBP. Both are available from the drop downs.

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/4n1t/6ygr

I wanted to check in and see if there was anything new with this. I also notice that if a non client tries to order a domain it is only ever presented in GBP. Currencies selection is not an option. I can confirm that the package has a selection of manually entered prices in various currencies (I never could get it to automatically convert, but that is another thread) and the order form has all currencies selected.

I can select the domain names page after searching for a domain and it will show a drop down of currencies, but whatever I select the page remains in GBP

many thanks

ADMIN

Editing the order form:

Type - Domain and Other selected

Package Group - Domain Names

Currencies checked - EUR, GBP, USD, ZAR

DOMAIN LOOKUP

Check Domain Availability has no currency selection drop down at all (using standard wizard template)

If I skip and order other items, I then click on package Domain Names I have a drop down, but it does not change the currency. Stays in GBP