Better Customization When Adding A New Service From Admin Panel

joshin

Question

We'll often customize our services for clients who need a small one-off on the initial deployment of service. Normally we'll set up a recurring invoice instead of adding a service.

However, recurring invoices don't seem to allow for PayPal subscriptions. If it's not possible for recurring invoices to do PP subscriptions, how about expanding the admin Add Service feature to allow us to do the following:
  1) Change the setup fee

2) Change the effective start date

3) Directly set the subscription price

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

That's not what my clients or I see for recurring invoices. I can provide screen shots of the invoice being created on the admin side and what is seen on the client side.

Subscribe is not an option presented for paying manually created recurring invoices.

-J

Ok sorry I didn't know that, that is more of a bug I would say:

post-38-0-71027900-1424724901_thumb.png

Made a recurring invoice and only got the right button.

Blesta does not show the subscription button for invoices that contain non-recurring items. In this case, there is no link between the invoice and any recurring services, so Blesta does not know if it's a one time invoice or if its recurring. Recurring invoices simply stamp out new invoices at a designated schedule.

No I think, Blesta do it, I done a bug report few day ago, it was added to CORE

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4131-paypal-payments-standard-paypal-subscription-button-displayed-when-onetime-period-price/

Blesta does not show the subscription button for invoices that contain non-recurring items. In this case, there is no link between the invoice and any recurring services, so Blesta does not know if it's a one time invoice or if its recurring. Recurring invoices simply stamp out new invoices at a designated schedule.

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4131-paypal-payments-standard-paypal-subscription-button-displayed-when-onetime-period-price/

That appears to fix an issue where a one-time service is ordered and the order form mistakenly displayed paypal subscriptions as an option. That's still based on a service, this issue is entirely different as there is no recurring service linked to the invoice, so Blesta does not know that it's recurring.

There may be some way to tell that an invoice was generated from a recurring invoice, and if so the subscription options could be made available to invoices like this. I wouldn't consider this a bug though, please open a feature request for us to add this in. I'd probably label any such task an "improvement", as it was not coded to work in the way suggested.

That's a different one, that's one-time payments, this is a recurring one which doesn't have  a product.