0.01 Credit

drolfe

Question

Hi All,

Again more blesta issues....

For some reason when clients pay they get 0.01 credit. I wasn't worried abut this until we were hit with the coupon bug that applied a one off 50% discount to the second month invoices

Now when I try to edit the 16 something invoices to remove the 50% discount as a work around it seems the 0.01 credit has been auto applied which now stops any editing with the attached error !!:

I don't want to seem negative but all these tasks are very simple... We haven't had any problems like this with other billing solutions...

Regards, Daniel

post-11026-0-53753400-1431384217_thumb.j

7 answers to this question

Never had that, I do have some fake transactions like 0.00 added and you can't edit them until you remove the 0.00 but I can't say it's annoying as it's became part of a check.

Credit is only added by transactions, now if someone has a subscription and you have the Exchange rate and they change the client will have credit, that credit will be used on other invoices.

Is it possible that your invoice has a value in the thousandths or ten-thousandths place? Blesta tracks values to the ten-thousandths place, and there is currently a rounding error that can cause this. We're working on a fix.

This can happen with very small unit prices or fractional quantities. Others don't have this issue, because they do not have the same level of precision.

OK Cool,

How do I fix this as once everyone pays their invoices I'll be out of pocket like 587 euro ?

Regards, Daniel

Not possible to fix from inside Blesta, you need to go directly to the database and the edit the "invoices" table. Find the row with the invoice then change the "paid" value to the correct amount to 2 decimal places. I think this is the way I had fixed it in the past.

You could work around this issue by not allowing blesta to perform any currency conversions or any arithmetic functions that result in fractions of cents. Blesta currently stores these values to 4 decimal places in the database but you only see up to 2 decimal places in Blesta gui. So $0.005 inside database -> $0.01 inside Blesta -> 1 cent credit -> Government Audit.

Change your coupon codes to be based on fixed dollar values instead of percent, also for multi currency don't let it auto convert, just set the package pricing manually.

Not possible to fix from inside Blesta, you need to go directly to the database and the edit the "invoices" table. Find the row with the invoice then change the "paid" value to the correct amount to 2 decimal places. I think this is the way I had fixed it in the past.

OK I've tried the below SQL and I still get the original error when trying to modify the invoices :-(

mysql> select paid from invoices where date_closed is NULL and status="active";
+--------+
| paid   |
+--------+
| 0.0050 |
| 0.0050 |
| 0.0050 |
| 0.0050 |
| 0.0050 |
| 0.0000 |
+--------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)