Phillips Data, Inc.

Bit Bayou

I did not mean to spark this debate. I appologise whole heartedly. I was more curious if Paul had ever considered going the Open Source model and his reasons for choosing the way he went.

Not a problem, lol. If it's one thing we do it's think, think, think, think, think, act.

I'm 24 years old, married, with two young kids (3-1/2 year old son and 2-1/2 year old daughter) and self-employed. My web design / software development / hosting / I.T. business is what puts food on the table, gas in the cars, and keeps a roof over my family's heads. Trust me I know you have to make money. :-)

Congrats! I have #3 due next month, oldest is 5. Starting your own business is a challenge, that's for sure.

I really like the fact that Blesta v3 is very open for developers sake. I'm not 100% reliant on a manual, I can see a lot of the code and tweak it also. I think you have a great thing going here, Blesta team. It's open enough and closed enough to strike a great balance. Kudo's to the team.

Thanks, that's what we were aiming for! That, and a little transparency in this closed source, wacky billing market.

Thanks, that's what we were aiming for! That, and a little transparency in this closed source, wacky billing market.

I just hope things get done, and don't just stay on the "to do" list... You know? There seems to be a lot of things "coming," but not here yet. I'm not saying that's bad or they won't happen, I just know plans don't always work like they should!

I mean, I like feature rich tools, but they need to be easy to use! Blesta definitely has a nice and easy UI so I'm ready for some more advanced features!! :D

I just hope things get done, and don't just stay on the "to do" list... You know? There seems to be a lot of things "coming," but not here yet. I'm not saying that's bad or they won't happen, I just know plans don't always work like they should!

I mean, I like feature rich tools, but they need to be easy to use! Blesta definitely has a nice and easy UI so I'm ready for some more advanced features!! :D

That's the catch 22, the more licenses we sell, the more we can put into development. I try not to talk about things too much that are far down the road, and instead focus on the things we are or will shortly be working on but we have enough planned to keep us very busy for a long while. And, the more people that get behind us the quicker things will start to happen.

The biggest thing now is to get 3.0 out. I expect things to pick up nicely from there. It's going to be an interesting year.

That's the catch 22, the more licenses we sell, the more we can put into development. I try not to talk about things too much that are far down the road, and instead focus on the things we are or will shortly be working on but we have enough planned to keep us very busy for a long while. And, the more people that get behind us the quicker things will start to happen.

The biggest thing now is to get 3.0 out. I expect things to pick up nicely from there. It's going to be an interesting year.

Haha Paul seems you should release the new system so we can start re-selling your licenses :D If I become rich (In my dreams though) I'd invest money into Blesta :)

Not a problem, lol. If it's one thing we do it's think, think, think, think, think, act.

Congrats! I have #3 due next month, oldest is 5. Starting your own business is a challenge, that's for sure.

Congrats on #3. I've been in this business since while in High School, and just the past two years its been full time. My wife works part time, too, but that's basically just extra spending money at this point.

As an aside to the topic of being in Vegas. I actually got married there. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. $8,000 for the flights/hotel/wedding package/renting suit/spending money/etc. Can't even begin to plan a wedding for that around here. Another bonus we had our honeymoon at the same time, so it was pretty sweet. We got married 11/11/2011 (if you do the math, yes my kids were born out of wedlock, I don't care). Wife and I were highschool sweethearts.

• 1 year later...