Support From Email Does Not Work

inet

Question

Hi All

i have this issue and am unable to resolve it:

using the support portal i can open support tickets to clients and the assign it to staff (both client and staff will receives emails with the same)

THE PROBLEM:

*  if the client replies from email he will get a reply from the system (Support request failed)

** if a client want to open new support request using email, he will receive the following (we have received your ticket) HOWEVER if you go the portal you find noting and no ticket was created "client email is correct, and department email also correct"

19 answers to this question

i noticed when opening a new support ticket via email, the department received an email like:

--

Ticket #: 2539495

Priority: Medium

Department:  Billing Department

which means the system generate a ticket number, but this ticket number is not anywhere even in the table supports_tickets

i noticed when opening a new support ticket via email, the department received an email like:

--

Ticket #: 2539495

Priority: Medium

Department:  Billing Department

which means the system generate a ticket number, but this ticket number is not anywhere even in the table supports_tickets

That email content is used in the Staff Ticket Updated email template, which is the email sent to staff to notify them that a ticket was opened. The fact that details about the ticket are available, like the ticket number, status, priority, etc. indicates that the ticket was indeed created. Record of the ticket will exist under `support_tickets` and `support_replies` unless it has been deleted. If it doesn't exist, either it was deleted after the email was sent, or you're looking at the wrong database.

As for the client being unable to reply via email, that could be because the associated ticket was already deleted, because information is missing from the Subject line of the email the client is replying to, or because of support department settings that you have configured.

am sure am looking at the correct database and none of those tickets are in the tables 

Then the ticket was deleted. Since the Support Manager plugin does not provide a way to delete tickets, the ticket must have been deleted manually from the database.

However, it doesn't seem likely to me that it was deleted. I suspect that you are indeed not looking at the right database, or that you're unable to find the ticket from the table. You can run the following query on the database to retrieve the ticket you mentioned earlier in this thread:

SELECT * FROM `support_tickets` WHERE `code` = '2539495';

If no records are found, then yes, it either has been deleted, or you're searching the wrong database.

You can try testing this again to see what is going on:

1. Determine the current auto-increment ID from the `support_tickets` table. You can find this value by running the following query, but make sure to first replace "DATABASE-NAME" with the name of the Blesta database:

SELECT `AUTO_INCREMENT` FROM  INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA = 'DATABASE-NAME' AND TABLE_NAME = 'support_tickets';

Make a note of the number that is returned.

2. Update the "Ticket Received" email template to include the ticket number in the Subject line. Go to [settings] -> [Emails] -> (edit Ticket Received). Update the "Subject" line to include the tag:

{ticket.code}

Save the template, then email the support department another ticket. You should receive a response email that the ticket was received, and the subject line should contain the ticket code.

3. Take the ticket code number from the subject line of the Ticket Received email you got in step #2, and search the `support_tickets` table for that ticket. Does the ticket exist?

4. Run the query in step #1 again. What is the number returned? Does it differ from the number you got before?

1- first query show no results
2- second one show number 34

table does not include any tickets opened via emails only tickets opened from the portal

3- changed the ticket template but did not get the number
see the attached

post-11192-0-95224000-1433183359_thumb.p

post-11192-0-96217900-1433183361_thumb.p

post-11192-0-92074900-1433184107_thumb.p

post-11192-0-63621100-1433184183_thumb.p

Did you receive a separate email (at your admin email address) regarding the ticket? Does it have a code? If so, does it exist in the database?

Try to update the Ticket Received email template again and include "#" before the ticket code, i.e. "We have received your ticket #{ticket.code}". Send the email and wait for the reply. The ticket code may not appear, but does the "#" symbol?

Also, what version of Blesta are you using (can be found in the footer of the admin interface)? And what version of the Support Manager (can be found under [settings] -> [Plugins] next to the Support Manager)? If you're not using the latest versions, you can try updating it to the latest version to see if that makes a difference.

email received in the department mailbox:

Subject: Update to Ticket #1778632 -5b575f-

email received by the sender did not include # or numbers

blesta version: Installed Version 3.4.3

support version: 2.8.1

this is new installation, i have setup few clients and i am the only admin having access to this system

From what you're describing, it sounds like you have multiple Blesta installations running, and the ticket is being created on the other installation.

email received in the department mailbox:
Subject: Update to Ticket #1778632 -5b575f-

The number 1778632 is the ticket code. This number only exists if the ticket exists from which it is derived. I suspect your other Blesta installation uses the same support department email address.

email received by the sender did not include # or numbers

You updated the email template to add "#{ticket.code}" and you have neither the # symbol nor the actual ticket code in the subject line of the email the sender receives? If so, then we're sure the email is being sent from another Blesta installation than from the one you modified.

Check for multiple installations of Blesta, multiple databases, and multiple cron jobs running. If you moved Blesta to another server, check the old server to see if it still has Blesta on it.

ok i have figured out that my test server cron job was still working and this explain everything.

i have shutdown that server and now i am able to get the tickets BUT

the download ticket task keep spinning and does not retrive the tickets, i have disabled the cron job, and empty the log_cron table, then run the cron manually and i was able to download the tickets.

if i enable the cron again, the task stuck again and no tickets are downloaded. only the this task is having the problem other tasks runs perfect

[Tue Jun 02 12:22:56.832723 2015] [core:notice] [pid 1016] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2'

[Tue Jun 02 12:22:57.234631 2015] [:error] [pid 1035] [client 86.97.226.218:51196] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnknownException' with message 'Invalid callback Session::sessionWrite, cannot access private method Session::sessionWrite()' in Unknown:0\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: UnknownException::setErrorHandler(2, 'Invalid callbac...', 'Unknown', 0, Array)\n#1 {main}\n  thrown in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://myserver/portal/index.php/admin/plugin/support_manager/admin_tickets/

[Tue Jun 02 12:22:57.234724 2015] [:error] [pid 1035] [client 86.97.226.218:51196] PHP Warning:  Invalid callback Session::sessionClose, cannot access private method Session::sessionClose() in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://myserver/portal/index.php/admin/plugin/support_manager/admin_tickets/

[Tue Jun 02 13:05:06.437406 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1016] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down

[Tue Jun 02 13:05:16.132455 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1024] AH00163: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.5.9-1ubuntu4.9 configured -- resuming normal operations

[Tue Jun 02 13:05:16.132732 2015] [core:notice] [pid 1024] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2'

[Tue Jun 02 13:13:11.409413 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1024] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down

[Tue Jun 02 13:13:20.195790 2015] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1020] AH00163: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.5.9-1ubuntu4.9 configured -- resuming normal operations

[Tue Jun 02 13:13:20.195964 2015] [core:notice] [pid 1020] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2'