Make Start Date / End Date / Max Uses Optional For Coupons

Who says a coupon has to stop working?

75% of ours are indefinite.

So you never stop coupons? never heard of that.. most companies I know of in the world only do deals for certain time periods from Sony Playstation offers, Adobe offers, Sky TV (Satellite) offers, FreshRoastedHosting offers, Hostgator offers, they all end some time.

post-38-0-35631500-1436716583_thumb.png

post-38-0-76116600-1436716585_thumb.png

So you never stop coupons? never heard of that.. most companies I know of in the world only do deals for certain time periods from Sony Playstation offers, Adobe offers, Sky TV (Satellite) offers, FreshRoastedHosting offers, Hostgator offers, they all end some time.

We have numerous indefinite coupons. 1. They might not have a time period 2. We might want to manually control the time period, since we don't know when they'll end.

WHMCS and ClientExec both have this.

We have numerous indefinite coupons. 1. They might not have a time period 2. We might want to manually control the time period, since we don't know when they'll end.

WHMCS and ClientExec both have this.

See what others say on it, I think the finish date / start date not being needed is stupid, everything has an expiry date, even food, even my life, even competitors. Everything has an expiry when is another question.

Infinity usage yeah that's a good option.

See what others say on it, I think the finish date / start date not being needed is stupid, everything has an expiry date, even food, even my life, even competitors. Everything has an expiry when is another question.

Infinity usage yeah that's a good option.

That's for your uses - we're not talking about food here.

As indicated by the fact that Blesta's largest competitors all have this, people do need and use it.

What about source specific coupons that should continue indefinitely?

What about the future potential for coupon based affiliate tracking?

What about permanent promotions simply used for technical reasons, such as discounting the 1st billing cycle?

These are not quirky edge cases. There are many uses for indefinite coupons.

That's for your uses - we're not talking about food here.

As indicated by the fact that Blesta's largest competitors all have this, people do need and use it.

What about source specific coupons that should continue indefinitely?

What about the future potential for coupon based affiliate tracking?

What about permanent promotions simply used for technical reasons, such as discounting the 1st billing cycle?

These are not quirky edge cases. There are many uses for indefinite coupons.

My uses? I'm talking about every company I know. Not me. The whole world I showed you two companies offering services, they aren't hosting no but I can pull on WHT and show you pages and pages of companies using "Limited time" coupons. No-one with brains offers infinity coupons for hosting / or any services without a valid reason and then they are limited to a certain year again. Mate look at the big picture and common sense here.

My uses? I'm talking about every company I know. Not me. The whole world I showed you two companies offering services, they aren't hosting no but I can pull on WHT and show you pages and pages of companies using "Limited time" coupons. No-one with brains offers infinity coupons for hosting / or any services without a valid reason and then they are limited to a certain year again. Mate look at the big picture and common sense here.

I just gave you 3 valid reasons. I can assure you I have a brain, have been doing this for a few years and have thousands of customers, so I know as well as anyone what a hosting company might need to do. My WHT coupons are mostly indefinite, because not every promotion is set to end at a specific time (one that will be known upon creation). I'm not the only one, either.

Not quite understanding your objection here. It's not like you'd have to use it. It adds more flexibility to the system, with no downsides.

I just gave you 3 valid reasons. I can assure you I have a brain, have been doing this for a few years and have thousands of customers, so I know as well as anyone what a hosting company might need to do. My WHT coupons are indefinite, because not every promotion is set to end at a specific time. I'm not the only one, either.

Not quite understanding your objection here. It's not like you'd have to use it.

3 Valid reasons… haha I'm not going to waste my breath with you any more today. Maybe we can get mobile credit and vps hosting for a great discount for life.

I don't see how a check box for "Unlimited Uses" and one for "Indefinite Validity" would be hard to implement or a problem for anyone/anything.

A couple can be used for certain promotions that are "set it and forget it" - you dont care and/or want to not have to worry about it running out and then THAT causing a problem!