How Do You Handle Domain Pricing Now?

evolvewh

Question

Hi,

I want to get moved over to Blesta, even if it's before the official domain plugin gets released.

Here's my scenario:

I offer transfers at a lower price than new registrations (trying to draw people in from elsewhere).

Can I have a client submit an order and then modify the price before their card gets charged?  I use Bluepay as my credit card processor if that makes any difference.

How does everyone else handle this situation?  As long as I can edit the price after the order comes through but before it's processed, I'm ok with doing this.

Also, can I 'pre screen' all orders so that the system doesn't automatically register a domain for a fraudulent customer and I'm stuck paying for the registration?  I use Logic Boxes / resell.biz for this.

One last thing: How up to date is the WHMCS importer?  I'm using WHMCS v6.0.1 right now.

I think these are my only concerns.

Thanks.

DL

3 answers to this question

You can do one of two ways:

1. Bundles: make products based on prices aka: "$5 Domains"

- Make a product, select the domains TLDs for $5, put the 1 years 5.00 0.00 0.00

Or:

2. Package per: make packages for each TLD aka: ".com"

- Make a product, check the TLD box and put 1 Years 10.00 0.00 0.00

I've not imported from V6, but it should work unless WHMCS has changed the database structure or their password hashing.

Import Tutorial from our new design for 2016:

1 Disable WHMCS

Put WHMCS into Maintainence mode, and disable the cron job.

2 Prepare Blesta

Go to /config/blesta.php and edit the following section:
// Set to true to enable support for legacy passwords (plain md5). Set to false for improved security
Configure::set("Blesta.auth_legacy_passwords", false);
// The legacy password algorithm to use if legacy passwords are enabled
Configure::set("Blesta.auth_legacy_passwords_algo", "md5"); 
Replace with:
// Set to true to enable support for legacy passwords (plain md5). Set to false for improved security
Configure::set("Blesta.auth_legacy_passwords", true);
// The legacy password algorithm to use if legacy passwords are enabled
Configure::set("Blesta.auth_legacy_passwords_algo", "whmcs-md5");

The next step:

We need to prepare the importer for the whmcs configurations go to /plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/whmcs_migrator.php and find: $pricing = $this->getOptionPricing($this->WhmcsServices->getTerm($option->billingcycle), $value_id, $currency);
replace with:
$pricing = $this->getOptionPricing($this->WhmcsServices->getTerm($option->billingcycle), $value_id, $currency);
if (!$pricing) {
continue;
}

3 Time to import

Head to Settings » Company » Plugins » Available » Import Manager » Install
and then go to Settings » Company » Plugins » Installed » Import Manager » Manage » 5.2
After you need to enter the details for WHMCS's database, check the two checkboxes, and select automatically import the packages.

4 Ready?

When you are ready and know that your customers have all logged in to their client accounts you can reset the /config/blesta.php back to the default. The reasons we use the whmcs-md5 and enable the legacy is so that your clients can log in with their whmcs account information, after logging in, it will automatically re-encrypt the password into a secure Blesta hash.

PS: So secure even WHMCS can't make an importer haha.