Paypal Subscription Bug

kpmedia

Found a bug... :)

If I add a client, and create a recurring invoice, then subscriptions do not work. Only one-time payment can be made.

If I go through the hassle of making a module (what is that for, anyway?), then create a service, then add a client to the service, only then does it allow subscriptions.

For a custom customer -- let's say somebody that hired you for 3 months of special coding -- you'd have to go through the nuisance of creating all this extra stuff. Furthermore, would it be visible on a front-end via the order form? It's supposed to be a "billing panel". At the base level, it should do at least that, and extra steps should not be needed.

Per LicenseCart's video, the invoice being paid is a non-recurring invoice. Being non-recurring, the subscription button for PayPal is not shown. This is because the recurring invoice has not yet been generated, and it would not be generated until Oct 27, 2015.

If LicenseCart had gone back to the Invoices table in Blesta, under the "Recurring" section, he would have seen the "Count" of recurring invoices was "0", indicating no recurring invoice had yet been generated.

The invoice that was initially created is a one-time invoice. You can set it's bill date and due date since it's a normal invoice. There is no expectation that the bill date you set for the initial invoice must coincide with the term and next renew date of the recurring invoice. You could easily make the bill date of the invoice today, and set the recurring invoice next renew date tomorrow, with 1 month recurrences. This would mean the initial invoice is for 1 day and the recurrence is for 1 month. If it were possible to pay this using a PayPal subscription, it would be possible to receive payment for an invoice that does not yet exist.

While I don't think this is a bug, it may be an improvement to make it clearer that the invoice you're creating initially is a one-time invoice. Perhaps, also, there could be a way to not create an initial invoice altogether.

Per LicenseCart's video, the invoice being paid is a non-recurring invoice. Being non-recurring, the subscription button for PayPal is not shown. This is because the recurring invoice has not yet been generated, and it would not be generated until Oct 27, 2015.

If LicenseCart had gone back to the Invoices table in Blesta, under the "Recurring" section, he would have seen the "Count" of recurring invoices was "0", indicating no recurring invoice had yet been generated.

The invoice that was initially created is a one-time invoice. You can set it's bill date and due date since it's a normal invoice. There is no expectation that the bill date you set for the initial invoice must coincide with the term and next renew date of the recurring invoice. You could easily make the bill date of the invoice today, and set the recurring invoice next renew date tomorrow, with 1 month recurrences. This would mean the initial invoice is for 1 day and the recurrence is for 1 month. If it were possible to pay this using a PayPal subscription, it would be possible to receive payment for an invoice that does not yet exist.

While I don't think this is a bug, it may be an improvement to make it clearer that the invoice you're creating initially is a one-time invoice. Perhaps, also, there could be a way to not create an initial invoice altogether.

Yeah mate that is confusing because I thought it was recurring for 1 month indefinitely and the next due day is next month…?