Paypal Email Verify Feature

soaringservers

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to get a feature that would make clients that sign up and use Paypal verify the Paypal email on file. The reason for this request is Paypal is getting more and more strict when it comes to charge backs and intangible items. I requested information directly from Paypal on what a seller would need to do to provide proof. The reply is below:

• Purchaser’s e-mail address to which the goods were delivered
  • Date and time goods were downloaded/received
  • Description of the goods downloaded/received
  • Proof that your website was accessed for services after the Transaction Date
  • Purchaser's IP address
  • Screenshot showing receipt by the purchaser
  • Correspondence with the purchaser acknowledging receipt of the item or service as described
  • Any other compelling evidence you may have showing the item or service was received and is as described

So if we could get them to verify the email associated with the Paypal it would help all sellers when fighting charge backs. 

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to get a feature that would make clients that sign up and use Paypal verify the Paypal email on file. The reason for this request is Paypal is getting more and more strict when it comes to charge backs and intangible items. I requested information directly from Paypal on what a seller would need to do to provide proof. The reply is below:

• Purchaser’s e-mail address to which the goods were delivered
  • Date and time goods were downloaded/received
  • Description of the goods downloaded/received
  • Proof that your website was accessed for services after the Transaction Date
  • Purchaser's IP address
  • Screenshot showing receipt by the purchaser
  • Correspondence with the purchaser acknowledging receipt of the item or service as described
  • Any other compelling evidence you may have showing the item or service was received and is as described

So if we could get them to verify the email associated with the Paypal it would help all sellers when fighting charge backs. 

it probably wouldn't be that hard to script a plugin or module to require that before order is even considered or provisioned but then again my fraudrecord module for blesta handles that as it will stop any transaction if they are listed in fraudrecord or detected by the proxy api integrated into the module.

though in order to run my fraudrecord module it is a native fraud system module not a addon/plugin/regular module it is a actual fraud module that ties into blesta's native fraud check system to handle incidents like this and stop them before they become a problem or even get provisioned. though it requires the latest edition of ioncube loader(and I hope you do run the latest edition of the ioncube loader just for security/updates reasons.) 

I think we discussed this over the phone. Is it the suggestion that Blesta would communicate with the customer through the PayPal email address they paid with? For example, send welcome email to their PayPal email address?

Since they can provide a different email address when signing up, and likely prefer to be contacted at that address, there isn't a clear answer. For example, many companies use an address like paypal@domain.com which goes to their accounting department. If Blesta ignored the clients contact email address and sent a notice to the PayPal one, it may end up in the hands of someone else, who it's not really intended for.

I'm curious what the suggestion is, specifically, in how Blesta should handle this.