How To Troubleshoot "adding Cpanel Server" Invalid Information?

MineHarvest66

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi, how can I figure out what information is invalid/why Blesta cannot connect to the remote Cpanel server? Like for instance is there a error log of some sort that can be refereed to or something?

You can go to Tools > Logs and click the background row of the module name.

I am also using the Cpanel Extended so I am not sure if that have to do with anything with inaccessibly or not.

cPanel Extended the one Blesta was given by ModulesGarden or a third party one? If it's the third party one you have to talk to the developer about it as Blesta doesn't support third party modules.

You can go to Tools > Logs and click the background row of the module name.

cPanel Extended the one Blesta was given by ModulesGarden or a third party one? If it's the third party one you have to talk to the developer about it as Blesta doesn't support third party modules.

Thanks you, I will forward this on the dev's thread to hopefully help me solve this as it not outputting to the logs at any rates. 

Every make any progress on this?

For cPanel, if it's unable to connect usually it's a firewall issue. Blesta needs to make an outgoing connection to your WHM server over TCP port 2086 or 2087. Make sure those ports are open for egress traffic.

Thanks you for the informationm, turns out it was the module's issue but that is now solved. I sent a message on the respected forum thread that there is an issue with not being able to activate the service however. 

Thanks you for the informationm, turns out it was the module's issue but that is now solved. I sent a message on the respected forum thread that there is an issue with not being able to activate the service however. 

Great, thanks for the information! I'm assuming it's a 3rd party cpanel module then?

Great, thanks for the information! I'm assuming it's a 3rd party cpanel module then?

No problems! Yes it was this one to be exact http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5552-module-cpanel-extended-v43/ but I may just start over with the "stock" one if no activity is done soon on that one. The only reason I would prefer that one though is it would allow customers to access Cpanel without having to log in  within Cpanel if they would prefer that instead of the Cpanel themes.