Changing Support Ticket Subject Line

evolvewh

Question

Right now, the subject line to clients for all support tickets is Update to Ticket {ticket_hash_code}

How can I change this to show something like: Update to Ticket {ticket_hash_code} Original Subject Name ? (I'm mainly after having the original subject shown)

Customers do not even realize these are tickets and they do not take the time to login to the portal so they don't even know what ticket # whatever is and they are stating that it's confusing.

I'm looking to enhance the customer experience any way I can.

6 answers to this question

I think you're talking about putting this is in the body of the email right? I'm looking to change the subject line only.

That's the subject we use. Body has more information that just opened lol. In our body we have:

{ticket.details}

To reply to this ticket, be sure to email {ticket.department_email} from the address we sent this notice to. You may also update the ticket in our support area at http://{update_ticket_url}.

----------------
Ticket ID: #{ticket.code}
Priority: {ticket.priority}
Last reply: {ticket.reply_by}
Opened: {ticket.date_added}
Ticket URL: {update_ticket_url}
----------------

Why not use:

YourCompanyName {ticket.department_name} - #{ticket.code} has been {% if ticket.reply_date_added == ticket.date_added %}opened{% else %}updated.{% endif %}            [{ticket_hash_code}]

This doesn't look to preserve the original subject line when the customer sends the email / support ticket.